Looking to wirelessly share video signal using DC equipment on a boat as inexpensively as possible

FTMacko

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I've recently become interested in utilizing infrared cameras on my marsh boat for nighttime navigation and watching & recording wildlife. There is both 12V & 24V power available on the vessel. I would prefer to avoid AC powered equipment.

I have a name brand IR camcorder for recording the action on the boat but also wish to install a more permanent long range IR camera & illuminator on a tripod head mounted to a rail at the console. I would like to be able to both share that video signal with my passengers and record it if possible.

My Google, Amazon, & eBay searches are not getting me very far other than it appears for the camera I might should consider a hi-def analog and there are many 12V vari-focal bullet cameras that fit the bill. Is there a 12v device that will broadcast that video signal via wi-fi or even Bluetooth that smartphones can connect to?

FTMacko

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I had not thought of a camera transmitting directly to phones. They make a higher resolution model as well and there are a few other manufacturers as well. I also found a few mobile dvr's also can be remotely accessed by smartphones which may allow me to utilize my choice of cameras.