Lost and ready to toss laptop

lvannjohnson69

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
I have an hp 15 with Windows 10 and it has a broken monitor. I hooked it up to a seperate monitor via hdmi cable. The computer was really slow and having problems so I did a reset keeping my files but losing my apps. It was going great or at least I thought, it went through it’s motions that I could see and then went to restart. I looked over about 15 minutes later and the power was totally off I continued to wait about another hour or so and the power was still off so I pushed the power button to turn it on and now my broken screen is flashing about every 10 seconds or so and my monitor I’m using now doesn’t show me anything.

What can I do?????
Vann

Solution
If there is a key combo to change displays, it may work before the OS loads so try it. If not you'll have to unplug the display cable under the keyboard, so the external monitor will boot up as the primary one.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
If there is a key combo to change displays, it may work before the OS loads so try it. If not you'll have to unplug the display cable under the keyboard, so the external monitor will boot up as the primary one.

Solution