lost e-mail nd addresses

myleszikiom

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
Hi! when I checked my e-mail yesterday, I discovered it all gone (in box, sent, address book, etc.) I called bellsouth and we sent up a new "account" but what would really like to do is recover my addresses and old e-mails. Is there anyway to do it? I use Netscape (not Outlook)and had only one profile/address. I have found a file with the .slt extension but can't do anything with it. I am not very computer savy. TIA!

Haven't used Netscape for years, didn't even realise it was still being used by some people.
Don't expect too much in the way of help here with an email client that's used by only a small minority.

Open Netscape and see if you can import the .slt file.

It might also have been much easier to restore your data if you'd kept it backed up to a backup file like I do every week with Office Outlook. Perhaps you might consider making backups in future - - you know it makes sense.

Better still, use a mainstream email client like Mozilla Thunderbird, you'll get loads of help with that when you need it.
I prefer Office Outlook but my company supplied it to me so I didn't have to buy it.