Low Budget Laptop

Solution
No, the A8-6410 is a weaker APU compared to the A8-7100.

It is not surprising that the ThinkPad T43 does not run the game very well since it was released in 2005. The A8-6410 would be a huge performance boost. To get around 100 FPS in Minecraft I believe you need a laptop a dedicated graphics chip. At 1366x768 resolution, I am guessing you need something like a Geforce 820m or a Radeon R5 m255. But you are not going to find a new laptop with a dedicated graphics chip in your price range.

Perhaps it is best to post your question in a Minecraft forum since people there actually play the game and have a better idea of laptop in your budget range may be better than the one you selected with the A8-7100 APU. I can only make an educated...
The Radeon R5 om the AMD A8-7100 will likely not provide 100 FPS (at least not consistently) because it is not that powerful. It is more powerful than the Intel HD 4400 and I have read people saying that they were able to briefly peak at about 75 FPS with the Intel HD 4400. Laptop LCD screens only operate at 60Hz which means the most FPS they can display is 60 FPS even if a graphics chip can push 200 FPS.

The A8-7100p APU also has a faster version of the Radeon R5 integrated graphics core because it runs at a higher clockspeed. However, I do not know of any laptops with that APU.

HeyItsFroggy

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

HeyItsFroggy

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
My budget is $300 to $430 max I could push a few more dollars. What would you say for a laptop for Minecraft? Just not a HP. Or a used laptop. Other then that what would you say would be good for my price range? I have been using a IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T43 for minecraft and it doesnt run smooth. Max frames was about 189 on low settings. Everything demmed. Thanks for a quick reply. I am debating on what laptop i should get for x-mas.

No, the A8-6410 is a weaker APU compared to the A8-7100.

It is not surprising that the ThinkPad T43 does not run the game very well since it was released in 2005. The A8-6410 would be a huge performance boost. To get around 100 FPS in Minecraft I believe you need a laptop a dedicated graphics chip. At 1366x768 resolution, I am guessing you need something like a Geforce 820m or a Radeon R5 m255. But you are not going to find a new laptop with a dedicated graphics chip in your price range.

Perhaps it is best to post your question in a Minecraft forum since people there actually play the game and have a better idea of laptop in your budget range may be better than the one you selected with the A8-7100 APU. I can only make an educated guess. Also I just checked the link, the Acer laptop is now $460 so I guess it was a Cyber Monday deal that you saw. You may need to wait for a couple of weeks for Christmas sales to kick off to find something decent in your price range.

Solution