Low Fortnite fps even on my gpus recommended settings (high)

Feb 26, 2018
So, recently I couldn’t understand - why am I playing on the lowest settings 1080p and still having unwanted fps... I am playing with my laptop plugged in and I have it installed on my ssd AND, from my NVIDIA control panel, I’m using my NVIDIA card to play Fortnite. Any help is appreciated.

My specs: GTX 960M 4GB vram, i5 4210h, 8GB ram

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
What kind of fps are you getting? Download ddu (google it but dont use yet) 2. Go to ur laptop manufactor site with model number from your laptop case, download drivers for your video/gpu for right operating system and put that file to dekstop
3. Boot into safe mode and use ddu to uninstall nvidia drivers, press clean and restart(recommended) it will automatically restart after. 4. Boot into normal windows and install new drivers which you have on desktop

Look also what temperetaures are u hitting on cpu and gpu under load?

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Download gpu-z and open sensors tab. Leave it on backround while gaming. Later check what was gpu load, was it constant 99% or less. Also you can see max temps from there too.

Download hwmonitor too and leave it backround while gaming. After game check max temperatures of your cpu cores, these will show what was max ingame.

You can open task manager also and see your different cpu core loads during game.

If you see something causing your gpu or expecially cpu go high during idle then download malwarebytes and hitman scan (trial) and run those