low fps in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerdaiz

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
I got this PC (see specs below) for my birthday and am quite a novice. I cant seem to get the settings right for games like CS Go, RUST, PUBG... What frames am I expected to achieve, as right now they are extremely low. Anyone can suggest a tutorial video or link that i can follow to optimize my settings?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming Motherboard
Graphics: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Strix Aura 8GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Solution
What are the temperatures of your GPU/CPU during gaming? You should be able to play any game at ultra 60+ fps with a 1080. Might be throttling due to temp.

Those batitle royal games are notorious for not being optimized well either, resulting in lower frame rates.

Also check to make sure your computer is running off the dedicated GPU and not integrated as some switch to longate battery life.

What kind of framed are you getting in each game?

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
What are the temperatures of your GPU/CPU during gaming? You should be able to play any game at ultra 60+ fps with a 1080. Might be throttling due to temp.

Those batitle royal games are notorious for not being optimized well either, resulting in lower frame rates.

Also check to make sure your computer is running off the dedicated GPU and not integrated as some switch to longate battery life.

What kind of framed are you getting in each game?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.