Draknem

Estimable
May 26, 2014
Is there any program that would allow running mustiple os es on a pc (something like vmware vSphere) but capable of using gpu acceleration of a pc it runs on and showing desktops on the monitors attached? So I can run windows and linux simultaneously, not running one inside another.
sorry for my bad english

Pinhedd

Distinguished

VMWare VSphere Hypervisor is a free version of VMWare VSphere. Since it's a bare-metal hypervisor (as opposed to one that runs on top of an operating system such as Windows) it comes with its own drivers. Driver support is not as extensive as most consumer operating systems, and legacy support is hit and miss. You should check and see if your hardware is supported before installing it.

EDIT: As a side note, VMWare Workstation (not free, but much cheaper than commercial versions of VMWare VSphere) does support a limited amount of pass-through hardware acceleration. I believe that it currently works quite nicely with OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 9.0c.

Draknem

Estimable
May 26, 2014

Vmware vsphere can not show virtual machine's screen, it only shows its own stats. You have to connect to the vsphere server remotely to control virtual machines. (if I am not mistaken).
Workstation is good (halflife 1 has 200-300 fps), but I need some other sort of thing as I mentioned before.
thx for your answer

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Indeed VSphere can't show the machine's console directly, but that's to be expected. If you have more than one GPU you can connect them directly to each virtual machine. If you have more virtual machines than GPUs, you're probably SOL.

Draknem

Estimable
May 26, 2014

Thx for the pointer, i ll try plugging multiple gpus. (I have less pci-e then gpus and vm s)