Low Memory whe playing games

CanadianBOW

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
i factory reset my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 (A whole different off topic story) and now everytime i play a game (The Forest, GTA V, Killing Floor 2, even Cities Skylines) i keep getting low memory alerts and even a Error Message (NOT the BSOD). This has never happened before. And it's starting to seriously enrage me. Because before i would have no problem running any game within my Laptops Specs, hell i could even have some Webpages & Documents open at the same time, and yet i never got any low Memory Warnings.

Any Solutions? Maybe the RAM Settings got defaulted to some stupid state?

-------------------------------------
i7-4710HQ 3.5GHz (High Perform - Mode)
Geforce 840m
8 GB Ram

Solution
If you system reset to a 32bit version of Windows, then you'll only have access to 3-3.5Gb of ram, which may be the reason you're running out of memory.
To see how much ram you're using open task manager (Ctrl+shift+esc) and click on the performance tab. To see what is using the ram click on the "Processes" tab.
Hi,

What's the version of Windows 8 you installed in your laptop? (32bit or 64bit) Do start with doing a clean install of the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Once installed, reboot your laptop then set NVIDIA as the default graphics card.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card

monkeymanz

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
If you system reset to a 32bit version of Windows, then you'll only have access to 3-3.5Gb of ram, which may be the reason you're running out of memory.
To see how much ram you're using open task manager (Ctrl+shift+esc) and click on the performance tab. To see what is using the ram click on the "Processes" tab.

Solution