Lowering sound quality by connecting headphones through speaker auxiliary?

Giephri

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
I have an ASUS Xonar DG sound card, Audio-Technica ATH-M50S headphones, and Cyber Acoustics CA-3602a speakers. Let's say I plug the speakers into the sound card. If I connect my headphones into the auxiliary of my speakers, will the sound quality be lower compared to connecting directly into the sound card?

Solution
generally i would like to say that no, in that case the speaker just acts as a 3.5mm extension since its connected up to the back of the soundcard itself.

however i suppose if the speakers arent designed right they could introduce electrical noise which you would be able to hear quite clearly.

just plug them in and give it a try yourself. if you cant hear a difference then dont worry about it.
generally i would like to say that no, in that case the speaker just acts as a 3.5mm extension since its connected up to the back of the soundcard itself.

however i suppose if the speakers arent designed right they could introduce electrical noise which you would be able to hear quite clearly.

just plug them in and give it a try yourself. if you cant hear a difference then dont worry about it.

Solution