M2 SSD Installation

Apr 14, 2018
Hello,

I found a video on youtube for an M.2 installation onto the same exact laptop I have. This guy says there is no screw hole to hold down the M.2. I believe this is a horrible idea couldnt it bounce out of place and get damaged or damage something else?

Is there anything else I can do? Is there a special type of tape to cover it and to secure it? Any ideas would be appreciative

The video is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKs8cghsqd8

Around the 6 minute mark is when he looks confused about not being able to screw it in.

Thank you!

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Apparently no screw came with the drive. You will need to find one somewhere. If you run the laptop without it properly screwed in you could cause it to burn out the connection and/or the drive, I have seen it happen.

Apr 14, 2018
Thank you. I purchased my ssd its a samsung evo 128 gb and it is second-hand. It did not come with one. Is it a special type of screw? Would I be able to buy one somewhere locally? What am I looking for ?

Apr 14, 2018
Thank you very much! I purchased 2 screws on ebay. I need to do some more research before attempting to do the install myself anyways haha.

Thanks again!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
juliver Laptop Tech Support 3
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 1
3 Laptop Tech Support 1
subiranjan Laptop Tech Support 1