M3 6Y30 or i5 6200u - New Laptop

Fifa987

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Hi, I'm currently looking for a new laptop for my girlfriend. I limited the selection to these 2 -
ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360UA
- i5 6200u
- 8 gb RAM
- 512 gb SSD
- full hd, IPS, touch screen
- 57 Whrs battery
- about 1000 USD

ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360CA
- M3 6Y30
- 8 gb RAM
- 256 gb ssd
- full hd, IPS, touch screen
- 54 Whrs battery
- about 860 USD

She won't be playing any games (maybe some but not something demanding). It's only a laptop to school and for work.
Now my problem is that I don't know if the M3 6Y30 cpu will be powerful enough. The cpu is passively cooled. It will be silent but what about thermal throttling under intense load? Will it even happen with the laptop being used for work purposes only? (Some internet browsing, videos watching, etc...)
So what is a better deal? The one with i5 6200u or the one with M3 6Y30? The one with i5 is surely better but will the one with that M3 cpu be good enough?

Thanks for all the answers!

Solution
If this laptop is only for basic usage and the 256 gig ssd is enough for her then get the one with the m3. Otherwise the i5 is a good laptop that can handle most things. Also this is a good choice if you plan on storing videos and images.

Dynomite54

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
The ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360UA it has a lager stoage size but The ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360CA has a cheaper price and no it will not thermal throttling because it is designed so it will not over heat. So If all there doing is Office and Internet browsing than the UX360CA is cheaper and better for what you need.

TMTOWTSAC

Estimable
Jun 27, 2015
Is this the second model you were looking at?

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-UX360CA-DBM2T-13-3/dp/B01GHQOD8U/

I only bring it up since you were asking about deals. Amazon has it for $749.00 right now. They've got some sales on other models too, but I didn't see any 360 flip models with an i5.

Fifa987

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
@Dynomite54 - Thanks a lot!
@TMTOWTSAC - No not really. Here in Europe (Czech Republic) I unfortunately didn't find this model and I'd rather order it frome some of the local shops (mainly because of the different keyboard layout). But this one looks good as well. It's a shame we don't have it here.

Fifa987

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

That would be cool but in my country I couldn't find the right configuration. There is one that would be quite suitable but it is for 860 USD (same as that ZenBook) and it has only SSHD drive. Sure it could be upgraded but it would mean buying an extra ssd which equals more money. So it's not quite beneficial

Update: I found a new Dell Inspiron 13z
- i5 7200U (new Kaby Lake)
- 8 gb ram
full hd, touchscreen
256 gb ssd
but according to what I found at the official Dell site, it has only 42 Whrs battery. Which is not ideal for my purpose.

However thanks!

If this laptop is only for basic usage and the 256 gig ssd is enough for her then get the one with the m3. Otherwise the i5 is a good laptop that can handle most things. Also this is a good choice if you plan on storing videos and images.

Solution