MacBook Pro "Core Duo" 2.16 15-Inch: which OS?

amdpxx

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hi guys, I'm horribly stuck.

I tried to make a clean install of El Capitan on an old macbook pro and I obviously failed as the architecture is 32 and not 64. In the trial I erased the mac disk, also because I don't have external drives that go with old macs, I just have a 32GB flash drive in which I tried to copy el capitan installer, first time the standard way and second time the pickify way (a way that works with mac pro 2006 but not with mac'book' pro 2006). Now, the computer is a friend's one and she does not uses it anymore, but I cannot give her the mac back in these conditions. I downloaded Lion (seems to be the last OSX available for that macbook) and restored onto the flash drive the Lion installer dmg.
When I try to install Lion it simply does not recognize the presence of an OSX in the flash drive.

What can I do now? :-/

The Apple MacBook Pro "Core Duo" 2.16 15-Inch features a 2.16 GHz "Core Duo" processor (T2600), with two independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip, a 2 MB shared "on chip" level 2 cache, a 667 MHz frontside bus, 1.0 GB of 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM, a 100.0 GB hard drive with "Sudden Motion Sensor" technology, and a 4X single-layer DVD�RW/CD-RW SuperDrive. It also includes an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics processor with 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory and dual-link DVI functionality, and a 15.4" widescreen 1440x900 TFT active-matrix display (a glossy display option was available).

amdpxx

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Unfortunately that's what I did, but it does not work, I have a macBOOK pro and not a mac pro.