Magicdisc install driver error - no boot

klausfunk

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
My previous post regarding installing and setting up Intel® Rapid Storage Technology may be of some use.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/299330-14-windows-install-cache#t1996296

I installed W7 64 and set up IRST using a 32gb mSATA as cache. Much help from member RealBeast appreciated.

It's a very basic install with minimum drivers.

I installed Magicdisc (most recent build) and Windows struggled to install driver.

I rebooted, Windows hung on 'shutting down' for a very long time!

Windows failed to boot and I had to use Startup and Repair to go back to a previous working configuration (It removed magicdisc)

Anyone know why? Is this a driver/RAID conflict? Am I missing important system drivers that prevent the function of Magicdisc?

Thanks

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention. :D

I'm using it, no issues.

:eek: :pt1cable:

But system files missing after a restore, that's is bad.

Are you formilliar with fsc /scannow?

Maybe you should give it a try, it could help to restore those missing system files.

It goes like this:

System File Checker - A great Windows fix tool.
If Windows 7 develops a problem it can often be fixed by running this utility. The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.

It needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.
Right click: "Command Prompt" in "Start Menu - Accessories".
Click: "Run as Administrator".
Click past the UAC Screen.
In the Command Prompt Type: sfc /scannow and press "Enter"

It might or might not need your Windows Installation Disk in case it needs to fix something. It will let you know if it does. I've seen it go both ways. It'll take a while.

If you get a message saying it couldn't fix some files you can find out which ones. When SFC runs, it logs it's actions to the C:\WINDOWS\LOGS\CBS\CBS.LOG.

Open the Elevated command prompt again.
Type in: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt and press "Enter". This will place a sfcdetails.txt file on your desktop with the SFC scan details from the CBS.LOG.
Open the sfcdetails.txt and look for the unfixable entries.

The last time I ran this I found this entry.
"2009-08-09 13:16:27, Info CSI 000002db [SR] Unable to complete Verify and Repair transaction because some of the files that need to be repaired are in use. A reboot is required to complete this operation".

All I had to do was reboot to fix it. There were others that it was able to fix. I've had great luck running this utility on Windows 7 and Xp in the past.

Once we get Service Packs for W7 that will open up another issue but not until then. In order to run this on XP SP3 I had to make a Windows XP SP3 Slipstream Disk. It's not a problem on W7 now though. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

There's a lot of other info out there on this. You could google for it if you like.

I would ask MagicDisk about it, might be that they already have an answer to your question.

Start your browser, use different search engines and use different phrases:

After installing Magicdisc, Windows 7 will not boot

https://www.google.nl/search?q=%2Fsfc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#hl=nl&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=After+installing+Magicdisc%2C+Windows+7+will+not+boot&oq=After+installing+Magicdisc%2C+Windows+7+will+not+boot&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.6751.28333.8.30284.44.44.0.0.0.0.121.3504.41j3.44.0...0.0...1c.1.5.psy-ab.K1N1U4t6wxQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.ZGU&fp=3d2a6a14147ddd9d&biw=1280&bih=822

One of the links:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=115956.0

And many more to go for if you need and/or like! :D

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:

Your welcome in advance! :eek: :pt1cable: :D

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

Could it be that the repair has being done from a backup or something simular to that, or is everything set back to factory mode?

Well, when set to factory settings means all has been set back to it was the way you got it.

When set to previous created backup or restore point and MagicDisc wasn't included, it will not be restored.

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek!

Good luck and have fun doing it!

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

Vereor

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I just had this on a clean build.

replicated it 3 times. I thought it was my driver choice (going for latest intel instead of motherboard vendor versions)

I am just writing magic disc off as being crap right now.

hugazebra

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I just ran into the same problem with a clean build of Win7SP1 as well. It turns out the conflict was with Intel RST. Since I don't have SSD cache or RAID, I uninstalled Intel RST after which MagicDisc installed properly.

SiegHellNo

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I have the same problem as you but with a raid 0 ssd x 2 setup with IRST. I managed to get my OS to boot by removing the mcdbus.sys file via CMD in Start up repair. I can't see anything with IRST that's causing the problem and I have spent almost a week trying to figure that out. To be honest, I've tried ditch MagicDisc for Virtual clone drive. The deal breaker was the mds/mdf support, so I couldn't ditch it completely. I've tried test mode, disabling digital signature verification etc. NO avail... Does anyone still have answers to this? I would really like to know.

ggrk

Distinguished
May 28, 2009

Thank you, same problem here with an ASUS z87-pro board with win7 64 bit. I followed your advice and Magicdisc installed perfectly!