Main password reset for Toshiba Satellite laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Please Help,

All i continuously get on my notebook screen is a blank black screen with a blue box with white lettering asking you to please enter your password. The only password i have used on the computer will not work and i do not have a recovery disc. How can i reset my password or reset factory settings?

thank you so much,

Hopeless notebook
660-631-1764

Please Help,

All i continuously get on my notebook screen is a blank black screen with a blue box with white lettering asking you to please enter your password. The only password i have used on the computer will not work and i do not have a recovery disc. How can i reset my password or reset factory settings?

thank you so much,

Hopeless notebook
660-631-1764

As I've come across this on a number of Toshiba laptops - mainly Satellites - I suspect it's the BIOS password which was set at the factory and sat there unasked for ever since. Toshiba deny this but since the only fix is to pay one of their Service Centres, I have my suspicions. I've certainly never found a workaround for it despite spending many hours trying. Please confirm this shows up as soon as you start teh machine - within five seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.