Make a Date with an Online Calendar in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

deskjockey49

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
One big feature that appears to be missing from the article is Googles ability to recognise events from emails and add them directly from gmail, even if the event was just a regular email with times and places.
Also, depending on the view, creating an event at a certain time and for a certain duration is also easy - just click the time and drag for how long you want it to be. There is also some tricky logic that allows you to click on 8:30am, add a description of "Metting at Head Office at 1325" and have google figure out that the meeting location is head office and the time is actually 1:25pm.

G

if you are using Blackberry, maybe other mobile devices... Only Google calendar, can you sync over the air. and the sync is automatic. You put some stuff on your mobile device or on the web, they sync!

However, yahoo go! can sync your contacts. I hope Google will allow you to sync.

also, Google has other mobile apps and they upgrade automatically.
Google is just cool....

michel1234

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I use www.plaxo.com to sync automatically both ways my Google and Outlook calendars. It was easy to setup and it really works well.

G

Take a look at Cozi. works well for busy families. It is both web based and has a program that you can download to your PC. I also has a free toolbar that syncs great with Outlook.

G

I´m using my Google Calendar with Mozilla Thunderbird.
Check "Lightning" and "Provider for Goggle Calendar" extensions. It´ll be a good surprise

G

One important point is Yahoo's lack of support for iCal/ICS.

G

They should have reviewed Airset.com's offering, which is far and away the best online solution for calendaring out there, especially if you want to sync with multiple desktops.

G

"What?s interesting though is that you can just click to add an event but the quick view doesn?t offer the choice of selecting a time"
This isn't true... when you single-click on a calendar date, you can enter a time in the same box as the event title, and the page recognizes the time when you save it.

hrysax

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
have you seen FriendEvent (www.friend-event.com)?

its a pretty neat calendar social network. it doesnt have all the intense importing/syncing features of google calendar, but i think its supposed to be more geared towards the social aspect of sharing events with friends.

G

An invitation to a Yahoo calendar user is not working... and yes, it is 2012...

I´m using google mail and have MS Outlook on my laptop with Google sync, it works great.
But it´s not possible to create a calendar event in outlook and invite a Yahoo user.
A Yahoo user can creat a event and invite a Google or MS Exchange user.

Status
Not open for further replies.