Make folder changed to make compressed zipped foder. Want that gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy forrest

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I had some files I wanted extracted that were in 7zip format. Had them for years used 7zip never had issues. Just downloaded 7zip on my new pc running windows 7 pro. Now when I tried to make a new folder to extract the files I wanted to extract to I only have the option when right clicking to make a compressed zipped folder, or a briefcase, not a normal folder as usual. Furthermore when i try and extract the compressed zipped folder to make it a normal folder I get error that I must have files in the folder before I can extract. Well if i put my files in it I can extract the folder, but only the folder, and the files inside are still .7zip files which I don't even get an option to extract the files now. So at this point i'm tired of searching as everything online is just how to make a compressed zipped folder...

Also I would like to note that my .7zip files after installing 7zip do not have the little 7zip icon in the file. I also think I initially downloaded the wrong 7 zip because I got the stupid real player and some pc scan even though I chose not to download those. So maybe I just screwed things up. I uninstalled all those and the 7zip and finally found the real 7zip website.

Here is the initial website I accidentally downloaded from that I thought was the real 7zip site...

http://7zip.tv/download-7zip/lp/7zip_blue/index.php?pk=501797&subid=t2

and here is the current website that might be the real 7zip site... I don't know what to believe anymore...

http://7-zip.org/

so annoying... how many people out there are like "yeah, I wanna make this sweet website that looks like a real website but really download a bunch of crap that ruins someones PC"? People must be really bored...

jeremy forrest

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I want to know how to remove the make compressed zipped folder and briefcase options and just get the regular folder back. OR, if for some reason 7zip is suppose to give me the compressed zipped folder option I guess I need to know how to turn a compressed zipped folder to a normal folder because when I plce files in a compressed zipped folder, and extract the folder the files inside are still 7zip. then the inside files have no option to extract them.

Status
Not open for further replies.