MalwareBytes removes SavingsCool from computer, but it keeps coming back

Kesmalt

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys, so this has been bothering me for a week now and I decided I would try to go here. This product called SavingsCool downloaded itself onto my computer and since I had Mcafee it didn't stop the download because mcafee sucks. I got MalwareBytes after hearing good things about it and at first it seemed to work well because it scanned my computer and removed the malware. After restarting my computer I scanned it again and nothing was on my computer and it appeared to be working fine. Later though, I had gotten a pop up from internet explorer which was clearing malware. I ran another malware bytes scan to see if anything had installed from that pop up and sure enough it had. The same thing had re-installed itself. I located the viruses and they were in the registry of my computer. I deleted them manually this time based on where they were according to MalwareBytes. I also tried to deleted internet explorer seeing as I use chrome, but it would not let me even with administrator privileges. If someone could tell me how to get these pop ups to not come back again and keep SavingsCool off my computer for good that would be extremely appreciated. I can give you additionally information if you need it. Thank you to anyone who replies!

Solution
You need to open up the file system to display all the hidden fles and folders and system critical files. That you do in Windows Explorer>Tools>View and tick or untick the relevant options.

Then navigate to your username in the Users folder and open the folder named AppData. and one of the three sub-folders you'll find a folder named for the threat you want to remove. Find them all and delete them.

Then press the Windows key and R together and type regedit into the Run box and press Enter. Start by choosing Export from the File menu and note the name and location of the backup you're about to create. Then, search for SavingsCool and delete any entry you find. Leave the Registry from the File>Exit menu.

Then, if you're...
You need to open up the file system to display all the hidden fles and folders and system critical files. That you do in Windows Explorer>Tools>View and tick or untick the relevant options.

Then navigate to your username in the Users folder and open the folder named AppData. and one of the three sub-folders you'll find a folder named for the threat you want to remove. Find them all and delete them.

Then press the Windows key and R together and type regedit into the Run box and press Enter. Start by choosing Export from the File menu and note the name and location of the backup you're about to create. Then, search for SavingsCool and delete any entry you find. Leave the Registry from the File>Exit menu.

Then, if you're running Windows 10, press Control, Shift and Escape together to bring up the Task Manager. Under the StartUp tab, delete any reference to the threat.

In earlier versions of Windows call up the Run box again and type in msconfig and hit Enter. Under StartUp, delete that entry, click Apply and OK your way out. Restart the computer and hopefully, you won't see SavingsCool again.

Solution