Malwarerbytes vs Advanced System Care (why the big fight?)

mraroid

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Hi folks...

I have been running Malwarerbytes Perineum for several years now. I also use a free utility made by IoBit called "Advanced System Care". It seems that the two are having a fight. Malwarerbytes thinks it is bad and removes it. I have tried to option malwarerbytes so it will ignore it, but I still get messages and wonder if malwarerbytes has also uncovered something else I need to look into. As well as malwarerbytes, I run Windows Defender (my computer is a 64 bit Windows 10 box).

I like the Advanced System Care tool, Can anyone recommend a free (or two?) utility like Advanced System care that I can run on my computer?

I run CCleaner and love it. It has no issues like the IoBit software.

Thanks in advance.

mraroid

mraroid

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
that link is from 2009. Majoy PC magazines still list it (with in the last 24 months). Do they not know about this? I am confused.

Cany anyone refer me to other utility software?

Thanks

mraroid

Why do you think you needs loads of free shovelware utilities??

Malware bytes yes I can understand, a run with cccleaner the odd time yes maybe.

Advanced system care & it's ilk?? No absolutely not

I've took systems in the past to check for suspected viruses etc & found the majority of the time the customers downloaded that much crapware that's running in the background the CPU is running 30-40% even at idle.

mraroid

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
I don't mind paying for software. I was running two bits of software that are free. One is CCleaner and the other was Advanced System Care. I pay for Malwarebytes Premium. I was thinking about paying for CCleaner as I use it often. That leaves one free software - Advanced Ststem Care. I have run it for a few years. It never broke anthing. I saw a post from 8 years ago that said it was bad. But I see that web sites still offer it. Is something wrong with it?

mraroid

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Thanks SR-71 Blackbird for the link. The link went to Advanced System Care V 10 not the older version 8 from your link. I am guessing v 8 is better then 10? Is version 8 available on this forum someplace? Maybe version 8 willl not fight with malwarebytes. I will start looking for it.

mraroid