Man Caught Using Cell Phone Jammer on Bus

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How did it get to be legal to use a cell phone in a public place? It's a disturbance of the peace if you stand there shouting but just a hold a cell phone near your head and then you have every right. Shout away!

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
>>What's your opinion on cell phone jammers? Are they too risky to be used at all, or do you think they'd be perfect for places like the movie theater or library?

More Arrogant, selfish, ass, douchebags than those stupid obnoxious people with no sense of privacy. Even on movie theater or library, no one should block anyone from talking to their love ones.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]>>What's your opinion on cell phone jammers? Are they too risky to be used at all, or do you think they'd be perfect for places like the movie theater or library?More Arrogant, selfish, ass, douchebags than those stupid obnoxious people with no sense of privacy. Even on movie theater or library, no one should block anyone from talking to their love ones.[/citation]

Why not? If you talking to your love(d) ones is disturbing the rest of us perhaps you can move your direly important conversation elsewhere?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i no longer feel the need to jam cell phones. after reading a tucker max book - "assholes finish first" i though having a police bull horn would be great also, i mainly use it for ref'ing an annual charity paintball game, but it's come in handy when boneheads driving down the road are on their cells phones and concentrating on everything but driving: i ask them " IS IT REALLY NECESSARY FOR YOU TO BE ON YOUR CELLULAR PHONE WHILE DRIVING.... OMG LOOK OUT FOR THAT CAR BRAKING IN FRONT OF YOU" as a car in front of him starts to brake at the loudest setting with the window in his direction rolled down.
i am installing a similar bull horn into my engine compartment that's tied into a cb radio after seeing the one my friend has in his truck and how much 'fun' he has with it.

G

"If you talking to your love(d) ones is disturbing the rest of us"

Don't fool yourself. You don't act on behalf of "the rest of us." You act on behalf of yourself and justify your piggish selfish vigilantism as "defending the rest of us" when, in reality, it's no different than the behavior you claim to abhor.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]Dont make me laugh[/nom]"If you talking to your love(d) ones is disturbing the rest of us"Don't fool yourself. You don't act on behalf of "the rest of us." You act on behalf of yourself and justify your piggish selfish vigilantism as "defending the rest of us" when, in reality, it's no different than the behavior you claim to abhor.[/citation]
I think those listening to the conversation that they shouldn't be able to hear would disagree.

G

to block is NOT AGAINT THE LAW ===== TO JAM IS AGAINT THE LAW ---
DO YOUR HOME WORK ................
YES IT IS A FINE LINE ,, BUT THERE IT IS ,,

G

I intend on writing a cell phone app that will do the same things and putting it on the web for everybody, We all have a right to safety while driving on the public roads and that safety is violated when somebody on the road with you is texting or running their mouth 100 miles and hour and not paying any attention to driving. I feel that jamming all signals around my moving vehicle is in my best interest and it will take being caught to stop me and I don't ever see that happening. I do not make outgoing calls, take incoming calls, surf the web or text while driving and I sure has expect the same from drivers around me so if you want to text around me I'll just block it, plain simple way to stay safe. The FCC can kiss my ass, I will do what it takes to ensure my safety. Still not sure how in the hell this guy got caught though.

Status
Not open for further replies.