Man Gets Stolen Car Back Thanks to Gmail

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]Arglebargle[/nom]You shouldn't be worried if you have nothing to hide...[/citation]

You shouldn't have to give up a little liberty for a little security since you'll gain nothing and lose both. (Thanks Mr Franklin)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]Sometimes they are trying to get you to speed so they can pull you over and give you a ticket.[/citation]
Why the hell would you speed up when you got a cop behind you? How is that smart in any way?

G

The moral of the story is don't steal a unique car or a car with unique plates....

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
LOL, this just goes to show you that everyone should get a funny license plate that cops will run for kicks! Unless of course you have a habit of breaking the law...

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Cops pulled me over because they were "curious" - searched me and my colleague without consent or probable cause - called for backup and k-9 unit - searched my vehicle without probable cause - found nothing - all in the name of "curiosity." Land of the free, home of the brave.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]Cops pulled me over because they were "curious" - searched me and my colleague without consent or probable cause - called for backup and k-9 unit - searched my vehicle without probable cause - found nothing - all in the name of "curiosity." Land of the free, home of the brave.[/citation]

Land of the free, huh smartazz? We'll here's a little reality check for you: If you are on a public street you can be pulled over without a specific cause. It's no different than late night roadblocks for DUI checks or even daytime road blocks to check for driver license and insurance violations.

You are only truly "Free" in this nation when on your own property and in your own home. And even then the police can enter your premises without a warrant if someone calls them and reports something like a domestic violence or animal abuse case. It's nothing new, bud. If you don't like it, my suggestion would be to go buy some mountain property in Montana and live away from civilization. You'll be "free" as a bird there.

G

Some people trust cops way too much. I was arrested for abstracting an officer. The cop simply did not like the way I looked. I was then placed in a freezing cold room all night with only a concrete bed. Ended up with a large fine, community service, and a year of unsupervised probation. Until you've experienced a cop abusing his power you probably don't understand what it's like. I realize not all cops are evil warlocks but they sure seem that way to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.