Man Robs GameStop for 100 Copies of MW2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Probably an angry PC gamer wanting to burn them all...[/citation]

hehe +1 for this post.

I think this guy is not going too far with those games. Isn't there some sort of database that holds this licenses? Well Gamestop should just report them and they will be successfully blacklisted on IW's activation.

But as someone said, the guy will have to hand them as a gift, I wouldn't buy that game.

in addition, I don't like to buy stuff that appears to be stolen.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Brother Shrike[/nom]This is pretty old news, but still pretty funny. But seriously, IW screwed over MW2 and PC gamers, we all know it, now let's stop hearing about it. None of us are going to buy it, so why do we need to hear about it?[/citation]

You cant say that we should stop mentioning it and none of us is going to buy it when its the top seller since day one.. Its simply not possible.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]You cant say that we should stop mentioning it and none of us is going to buy it when its the top seller since day one.. Its simply not possible.[/citation]

Yes, but exactly how many copies were sold on consoles compared to the PC

melvis72

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Maybe if were lucky he burned them all, MW2 (Modern Waste 2)!!!
I remember when MW2 stood for MECHWARRIOR 2!!!!!!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Well done, sir. You are correct.Hot, besides referring to a state of temperature, can also characterize something recently stolen or smuggled, such as "hot merchandise" or "a hot car."[/citation]

No, it's not correct. If an item is hot, literally, you are making the statement that the temperature of the item is hot. Nothing about the written sentence is literal unless the 100 copies of Modern Warfare 2 were abnormally hot to the touch.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Haha some Pissed PC gamer who was thinking if he robbed all the copies he could then that would be his contribution to the dent we want to make in Activision/IW's profit.

[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Nothing about the written sentence is literal unless the 100 copies of Modern Warfare 2 were abnormally hot to the touch.[/citation]
Marcus is using a play on words with "hottest" in that the game is selling like crazy and the fact that those 100 copies are now a "hot" item on the black market as stated earlier.

In any case, was there even a "friend" outside the store?

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Hmm, maybe I'll get lucky and find one of these at the local flea market and hopefully for at least half price...might be worth checking eBay too!

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
If you are going to steal something, steal something big. Holy idiot... 100 boxes and just $6900 worth? Tear a page from Goldman Sachs and the Obama admin on how to steal.

gpj

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nonxcarbonx[/nom]Nothing about that sentence is literal.[/citation]

I'd have used the word "literate" instead of literal.

For all the other "my english is better than yours... I do believe he was referring to the glaring content error in the sentence. Which one looks correct?

Original: "Without a doubt, Modern Warfare 2 is the hottest item over the last week, literally, as someone robbed 100 copies of the game on the day of launch."

Intended: "Without a doubt, Modern Warfare 2 is the hottest item over the last week, literally, as someone stole 100 copies of the game on the day of launch."

How could someone "rob 100 copies" of a game? When you ROB a store, you STEAL things.

Status
Not open for further replies.