Man With Hitler Speech as Ringtone Faces Jailtime

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]gregor[/nom]Yes theres a good reason it got the nickname "Tommy cooker"...[/citation]

Yes, but the English tanks were all junk too. The Sherman was pretty good by their horrible standards. English tanks were only better than Japanese. They were either dreadfully slow, had no protection, or completely ineffective against armor or infantry.

Their best tank was the Sherman Firefly, which, of course, was based on the Sherman. It still kind of sucked though.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Towards the end of the war the U.S.A. introduced the M26 Pershing Tank and the Super Pershing Tank few in numbers though.
We did have some Tank destoyers which were quite effective and some of them even had gyroscopically stabilized guns which could enable firing which on the move.The some rare Panther F's had this feature as well.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]You're wrong. Japan had already signed a non-aggression pact with the Soviet Union, and Hitler knew there was no chance of them declaring war on the Soviets once they were pre-occupied with the U.S. and Britain.[/citation]

You sure about that? Germany signed a non-aggression pact with Soviet Union too and that didn't stop them.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]You sure about that? Germany signed a non-aggression pact with Soviet Union too and that didn't stop them.[/citation]
The Soviets and Japan didn't go to war until August 8th, 1945, 2 days after the US dropped the first bomb and one day before the second. The neutrality pact was set to expire in April of 1946. It was a move to get to occupy some of Japan's territory off of Kamchatka (similar to what was done with Germany/Berlin). The ownership of said territory is STILL unresolved yet today because the USSR never signed the treaty that ended the allies occupation (Kuril Islands).

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]German law is stupid. They excessively censor films and videogames.[/citation]
"USA law is stupid. They censor films and videogames."

-Germans.

(While they censor violence out of their games and movies, you can regularly see nudity and sex on basic TV.)

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Wait? America is the shining beacon of free speech?I guess the Patriot Act never happened. I guess communists are allowed to speak freely. I guess a homosexual can freely show his affinity in public and can even marry his partner?Oh wait, that's in Europe.[/citation]
No. Yes. Yes. And no, marriage isn't covered by the first amendment, and that kind of law is handled by individual states.

bardia

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]I'm getting a strong feeling you never studied Islam in general, much less Islam in the West. But that's okay, you're probably one of these idiots who thinks the average Muslim is proud of Al Qaida.But you're wrong. Most Muslim Imams even denounce Al Qaida and other scum on the margin. A Fatwa was recently written against them, and that's pretty heavy (the closest thing we have in Christianity would be a Papal Bull). In the eyes of a normal Muslim, blowing yourself up and plotting to destroy the West is as acceptable as raping every single child we encounter in the street is to us.[/citation]

Dude... on the whole the silence of condemnation was deafening. You're living in a fantasy land.

Yes, there are many moderate Muslims. But there is no such thing as moderate Islam. Thanks to Western Liberalism/Christianity you're free to post your nonsense on this forum. Lets see you post the opposite in pretty much any Muslim controlled nation.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sirmorluk[/nom]Wow! What a load of nonsense. No civilian casualties? Russia single handedly defeated? Please do some research before posting fallacies like this. I realize you have no knowledge of History but why not start by researching how many locomotives that Russia produced during the war which btw = 0 and then look at the American lend-lease program to Russia and England as well. Then take a look at the numbers of U.S. civilians dtained and killed in the PTO. As an avid historian crap like this makes blood shoot out of my eyes.[/citation]

"American lend-lease program" - that's exactly the world lend-lease :) It was not for free. Nothing was for free it was just a business. The same way as American companies traded with Nazi Germany. They even sold the stuff to make the gas for the gas chambers. And who were the owners of these companies? Jews?

:D

Selling somebody something is not a help - it is called a trade!

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]"USA law is stupid. They censor films and videogames."-Germans. (While they censor violence out of their games and movies, you can regularly see nudity and sex on basic TV.)[/citation]

What is a greater sin?

Sex or killing?

In US it is sex... and in Muslim countries too...
In some other places it is the killing...

alaeddin

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]What is a greater sin?Sex or killing?In US it is sex... and in Muslim countries too...In some other places it is the killing...[/citation]

I guess it depends on who you killing and or who you having sex with

mitch074

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I think the 'America didn't get involved up close' doesn't refer to the war veterans (who certainly were involved), but to the fact that the US people as a whole didn't have to live with the consequence of war:

- the trauma of living for years under threat of being shot on sight, or deported to labor camps (you didn't need to be a Jew for that),

- not eating properly (all food produced in conquered countries was requisitioned for the Nazi armies, leaving far from sufficient rations for the civils) during all that time,

- the fear of 'friendly fire' (Allied soldiers were well appreciated in France, for example; but US bomber pilots though, who would drop bombs all over a neighborhood to destroy a bridge - and often miss it - were a bit less welcome),

- fixing the destroyed infrastructures and monuments after the war,

- for the Germans, the stigma attached to the Nazis sure doesn't help.

Well, that's something the US inhabitants can't really understand, and which is something most Europeans don't want to ever forget: living a war is awful, even worse than fighting it. At least, when you're fighting, you do something, you react; otherwise, you suffer, you are helpless.

So, there are laws in most EU countries that forbid the glorifying of crimes against humanity, one way or another. It doesn't look like an abusive limit on the freedom of speech.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"The German constitution expressly forbids public displays of the Nazis and their works."

ok granted i can understand such a reaction given germany's history , and i also have a enormous distaste for nazi's adn racist , but lol seriously umm did the germans really learn any thing in thier history ????

Status
Not open for further replies.