Manage Multiple Auto Logons for different windows accounts

lanczer

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I just finished a new build and am sharing it with my younger brother. we have it set up pretty simply with our own user accounts, as well as our own accounts with other programs
(ie: Steam). what i would like to do is to be able to log in to my windows profile and have it remember/auto log in to all my other accounts. However want to be able to do this without it applying to his profile as well. I've looked into the built in credentials in windows 7 but they do not seem to work with software. i currently have it set up with a macro which simply types "username" "tab" "Password" "Enter" which works pretty well. however that macro is still available whichever account your in, as well as i still have to select the field i want the macro to type in. normally with wouldn't be a big deal but because of our schedules we have to re log in to all our stuff multiple time a day. If there's any solution to this, or just someway to link auto log ins to each user that would be awesome. thanks for all your help ahead of time.

Solution
Steam and other software should not be storing usernames and passwords globally; they should be specific to the logged in user.

For example, if I am logged onto Windows and ask Firefox to save login info for a website, if my wife logs in to her Windows account Firefox does not know my web logins, just hers.

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
Steam and other software should not be storing usernames and passwords globally; they should be specific to the logged in user.

For example, if I am logged onto Windows and ask Firefox to save login info for a website, if my wife logs in to her Windows account Firefox does not know my web logins, just hers.

Solution