Cruiz Risner

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
ok so i got this HP G60 249WM laptop with vista on it and well where shall i start with the issues?

1. its got a battery problem, even before windows starts the computer says it needs replacing (i keep it plugged into the wall the whole time to keep it on)

2. i can connect it to the router but no matter what settings i change it will not connect to the internet at all. (getting a related error in event logs: the dns proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory)

3. event logs with: The speed of processor 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 1 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

4. some typical disc errors listed in event viewer

5. (related to 3 i believe) the processor is running hot (195-220 Fahrenheit) and the mobo is too (205 Fahrenheit) - i did have to stop working for a lil while when the system got too hot and shut down and wouldn't turn back on til its cooled down

i know i have to replace the battery, but where else do i start with the rest? and is it possible they are all related to the power issue? ive exhausted google with each individual error and now ima see if anyone else has insight on this issue. have anymore info u need on it? just ask ill answer asap

Solution
1. Get a battery replacement.

2. Get a new thermal paste for CPU. Check youtube videos on how to open, remove the heatsink and apply the thermal paste. This should lower your temperatures.

3. Find out how much RAM you have. If you have less than 4GB of it, try to upgrade.

4. If you have enough RAM, get Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. A clean install might be enough to salvage your old laptop.

5. If you have an outdated WiFi radio, try some 802.11 n adapters.

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
1. Get a battery replacement.

2. Get a new thermal paste for CPU. Check youtube videos on how to open, remove the heatsink and apply the thermal paste. This should lower your temperatures.

3. Find out how much RAM you have. If you have less than 4GB of it, try to upgrade.

4. If you have enough RAM, get Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. A clean install might be enough to salvage your old laptop.

5. If you have an outdated WiFi radio, try some 802.11 n adapters.

Solution