Mark Zuckerberg Got Kicked Off Facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
How desperate do you have to be to get onto facebook to go through such hurdles like sending in all of your ID? geez. addict much?

G

"And this is why I don't have face book"

Why is your name Mark Zuckerberg too.

Bored people's tarded comments should be diligently weeded out like spam. I am starting to feel like I am on a gossip site.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]How desperate do you have to be to get onto facebook to go through such hurdles like sending in all of your ID? geez. addict much?[/citation]
An addict that couldn't even get his own Facebook account?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Apparently Zuckerberg is a bit paranoid about Doppelgangers.[/citation]
Well they are how you break the sun/moon curse.
/ihatethecrapmygfmakesmewatch

G

I would of sued facebook for that, but thank god my last name isn't zuckerburg lol

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
There is no basis for a law suit because the lawyer Zuckerburg wasn't being denied an account as a person, he just was not being allowed to set it up using a particular account name. Even Tom's won't let me set up an account using a name that is already in use, because it would obviously confuse people. Facebook could make a similar argument.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]the point is Facebook should understand there are many people with the same name and just because one is famous and the other not does not entitle them to kick off the ones that are not.[/citation]

All you dumbasses are forgetting that just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's public and that anyone and everyone should have access to it. It's still a company and they still have the right to accept or deny anything that they wish.
Is it stupid that they denied him because of his name? sure. Is it within their right? yes, definitely. It's their site. They can do as they please. They aren't damaging your life or slandering you by denying you access to something that they own. Get over it.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I agree that I would have just changed my name. Zuckerberg is a rather douchey name. I think I'd change my name to Michael Weston - then start sending threatening letters... that should work! "My name is Michael Weston, I used to be a spy!"

G

This whole story is just so stupid. A lawyer named Mark Zuckerberg jumps through hoops to get a facebook account, only for him to be kicked off. Now he's going to the press with this grave injustice. What a whiny little girl. I would love to see him tell his heroic story to a homeless person on the street.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]This is why if I ever happen to win the lottery, I'm moving out of the country. F-ing parasites everywhere.[/citation]

But if you win, can you send me some money first ?
:)

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
did this guy seriously give all his personal secret info(birth certificate, license, security card...) to facebook?! How did this idiot get a law degree in the first place...

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
I think its pathetic on Facebooks part. I know people who have 4, or 5 accounts just to have more gold in FarmVille and Mouse Hunt, but 1 person cant even make 1 account because he has a certain name. I think its pathetic on the part of Facebook.

G

Ha I just walked by his office the other day and noticed his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.