Mark Zuckerberg is Worth More Than Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Told you guys.. Zuckerberg is in control of some serious sh!t. Facebook is gonna be worth a lot more than 6.9 Billion is a few years. EVERYONE will have it.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Might be one of the few times I wish Jobs won.
Not a big fan of Jobs, but definitely do not like Zuckerburg.

[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Zuckerberg just gave $100M to New Jersey schools. I guess Steve can't afford that.[/citation]
Not defending Jobs or anything, but he have California school hundreds of computers last year.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Not defending Jobs or anything, but he have California school hundreds of computers last year.[/citation]
Making sure children grow up conditioned to your OS doesn't really seem like charity to me...it sounds more like training future customers...

abear007

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
[citation][nom]distanted[/nom]Making sure children grow up conditioned to your OS doesn't really seem like charity to me...it sounds more like training future customers...[/citation]
then you can also say giving money away publicly is a social stun for attention ......

Ho0d1um

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]abear007[/nom]then you can also say giving money away publicly is a social stun for attention ......[/citation]
Not when I gives the chance of a monetary return in the future...thats would be investing.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]abear007[/nom]then you can also say giving money away publicly is a social stun for attention ......[/citation]

there is a difference, they didn't have to ever use face book, but the other defiantly got use to macs

that said i think that facebook does to the internet what macs do to computers. ruins them and creates people i can no longer talk to. anyone else have that one friend you had to get rid of because of facebook spam? every other message from them is god damn facbook this facebook that, and i had to make everything from them now filtered by my spam folder.

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
if steve jobs gave away 500 pcs running linux, then i would consider that a nice gesture. but no, he wants more people to use macs :)

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]distanted[/nom]Making sure children grow up conditioned to your OS doesn't really seem like charity to me...it sounds more like training future customers...[/citation]
Perhaps, but a school with computers is a hell of a lot better than a school without computers... no matter what OS the computer is running.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010

You have to be as rich as Jobs to actually give away Macs at retail price.

erloas

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
Ragmar-Kon said:
Not defending Jobs or anything, but he have California school hundreds of computers last year.
Well if we assume he gave away some top end Macs in the 2000 range he would have had to give away 50,000 units to equal $100M. Considering that he probably gave away the lowest end computers, that they cost a fraction of what they retail for, and that it was hundreds, not tens of thousands, and it was probably all Apple's money and not Jobs' money that went to them it hardly seems like it is comparable at all.

Jobs also has been missing from the pledge to give away half of his money when he dies like many other billionaires have.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]joz[/nom]I quit facebook and took 204 people with me.We went to college instead, and talked there.[/citation]
LMFAO!!!! +100000

abear007

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]there is a difference, they didn't have to ever use face book, but the other defiantly got use to macsthat said i think that facebook does to the internet what macs do to computers. ruins them and creates people i can no longer talk to. anyone else have that one friend you had to get rid of because of facebook spam? every other message from them is god damn facbook this facebook that, and i had to make everything from them now filtered by my spam folder.[/citation]
What I find is that, there are always ways to justify an action. Anything that we do now may have an immediate out come, but what's the long term effects? We are all too fast to opinionated anything that moves or it doesn't move. Hence cynicism sales, in a very big way, just look at how much spam mail you are complaining about...

Mac users only account for about 10% of the whole PC market. Apple has been giving away computers to schools for years, if they are really trying to make kids get use MacOS and nothing else. They failed!

Yet, they are continuing the efforts, and the agenda behind it is really up to the audience to decide.

The exposure of computers to educate and enlighten both you and I to have a civil conversation, regardless of the platform, can be a pretty important one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.