Mark Zuckerberg is Worth More Than Steve Jobs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]...because the movie that doesn't pain a very nice picture of him is coming out in a week. Publicity stunt...[/citation]

"The pirates of silicon valley" does not paint Jobs in a good image either.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Might be one of the few times I wish Jobs won.Not a big fan of Jobs, but definitely do not like Zuckerburg.Not defending Jobs or anything, but he have California school hundreds of computers last year.[/citation] Even if it were a thousand, though, it still would only equal a couple million bucks.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]spectrewind[/nom]Thanks to Facebook, the word "friend" somehow became a verb.Whatever happened to the word "befriend".[/citation]

Someone asked whether it wanted to be or not to be.

Apparently not to be.

Friend.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
The media may think Zuckerberg is worth that much, but his company will fall just like those before (Aol.. myspace.. etc).

I'd sold that Facebook ages ago and went on my way.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Zuckerberg just gave $100M to New Jersey schools. I guess Steve can't afford that.[/citation]

Yeah, probably to educate the cast of Jersey Shore lololololol

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
[citation][nom]distanted[/nom]Making sure children grow up conditioned to your OS doesn't really seem like charity to me...it sounds more like training future customers...[/citation]

Are you for real? When bill gates donates computers what OS goes with it? The guy gives stuff away and you still bitch, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
"Well, he's got all the money in the world... but there's one thing he can't buy.."

"What's that?"

"A dinosaur"

Love that line.

I'm one of those who has no interest in joining Facebook whatsoever. Among the few, it seems.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
the world ending in 2012 due to face book, unlikely, the world ending because facebook turned into skynet...... i can see it, i mean the only other time people list enough about themselves to be tracked down minute by minute would only be cell phone at the top of the list, credit card accounts 2nd, facebook will certainly be up in the top 50 some where also.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Might be one of the few times I wish Jobs won.Not a big fan of Jobs, but definitely do not like Zuckerburg.Not defending Jobs or anything, but he have California school hundreds of computers last year.[/citation]
They were Macs. Not computers.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Not only is Zuckerberg worth a hair under $7 billion, but it only cost him about $65 million to settle with the Winkleross brothers (the twins he supposedly stole the idea from at Harvard). Even if they win the appeal the just filed (about being misled about the value of the site), Mark is still making out like a Web 2.0-fueled bandit.

-Devin

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Zuckerberg just gave $100M to New Jersey schools. I guess Steve can't afford that.[/citation]

Don't mistake these billionaire donations as actual charity. Most of the time they give it away because they'd have to pay it in taxes anyway. It's like killing two birds with one stone. Not only do they avoid paying the government, but they look like they're uber generous and people just love them for it. It's Win-Win.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
[citation][nom]toallthehaters[/nom]Are you for real? When bill gates donates computers what OS goes with it? The guy gives stuff away and you still bitch, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?[/citation]
Absolutely nothing is wrong with me. I never said other companies didn't do the same thing. I'm just pointing out a business strategy that goes back a few decades, at least. Give the schools YOUR products and you create a generation of workers who are trained in YOUR products. I never said the schools and kids don't benefit, I'm just saying it's more of investment than an actual charity. When the gov't of Australia 'gave away' millions of dollars worth of vacations on Oprah, they openly said they spent the same money on marketing for years without the publicity they expect to get from the Oprah coverage. That's why Facebook guy is going on Oprah to announce a $100 million donation...he's buying an image make-over. It's just business.

Status
Not open for further replies.