Massachusetts Department of Transportation Pulling Violent Videogames from Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Among the games removed were Time Crisis and Beach Head 2000. Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man, and Cruis'n Exotica remained at the rest stop in Natick.

G

how can a 3 year old use time crysis? then need to be able to look atleast above the weapon holder.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
ms.pac man, cruisin exotica and galaga... seirously the only one on there that could be considered violent imo is time crisis adn even that is pretty cheesy

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]godfather666[/nom]And this will save exactly ZERO lives.[/citation]

Are you kidding? Do you know how many lives it took me to beat the final boss on Ms. Pacman?

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
"The reaction against violent videogames has been severe. "

I'd be more worried about trash articles inciting the Cro-Magnons of society into advocating the removal of liberty and freedom, resulting in a violent revolution to counter this.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Ms Pac-Man, Cruisin Exotica, and Galaga REMAINED at the rest stop! IMHO, because this is a highway rest stop, the ONLY game that should have been removed was Cruisin Exotica!!! How many highway accidents could be prevented?! /sarcasm The more important question is.. How many 13 year olds are driving through a Natick rest stop to play a violent video game their parents won't let them play at home??!!

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]"The reaction against violent videogames has been severe. "I'd be more worried about trash articles inciting the Cro-Magnons of society into advocating the removal of liberty and freedom, resulting in a violent revolution to counter this.[/citation]

I'd frankly be a bit worried if I heard the words "violent revolution".

LOL J/K, I'M A BOLSHEVIK! LONG LIVE COMRADE LENIN!

(But seriously. Violence is bad.)

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Funny how people managed to kill each other during Roman wars or religious wars, when there were no video games during those times. Yet still, religion exists, and there are still wars going on. And somehow video games are responsible for killings? Total BS.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Um they're at a rest stop.. How long can they play the video games without a parent or somebody else to look over them. I don't know about you, sure I may take a piss or what not, but my child would not be running around a rest area unsupervised.

Again when a government should just tell parents to suck it up and do their damn jobs and be a parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.