Massive PS4 Update Adds Quick Resume, Facebook Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
The most awesome software update in the universe will NOT fix the abysmal hardware of the current generation game consoles - period Time for a hardware update now to bring them up to standard! Hopefully, we'll see the hardware refresh for both the XBox One and PS4 by the holiday season this year...

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Says someone who probably doesn't have have a PS4. Don't get me wrong, I primarily game on a PC with several times the horsepower of my PS4. But to insinuate that the PS4 doesn't perform its intended function well is just plain misleading. Games run and look great, and switching in and out of games is fast and responsive. Especially compared to its predecessor (which I also still use) the difference is night and day. Now if only the PS4 would ever get caught up to the PS3 in terms of media playback...

Larry Litmanen

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
The most awesome software update in the universe will NOT fix the abysmal hardware of the current generation game consoles - period Time for a hardware update now to bring them up to standard! Hopefully, we'll see the hardware refresh for both the XBox One and PS4 by the holiday season this year...

I play on PC and XBOX One, i don't game all that much but i can tell you it is fun. There's a reason millions up on millions play these games on those platforms.

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
I keep my PS3 hooked into the same TV as my PS4 for two reasons:

1. Gran Turismo 6
2. Being able to save movies / episodes I buy or rent from the Playstation Store rather than **having** to stream. Even with 80Mbit fibre, downloaded versions are of a better quality than streaming and there are often occasional glitches during a stream. I can download on the PS3, works great - love it. Wish, wish, wish I could do the same on the PS4...

Merry_Blind

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

Ah come on dude. My Wii U is super weak hardware but I'm having a blast with it. PC is the way to go for high-end gaming, not consoles, but consoles do have great games nonetheless and that "console feeling". I love both my gaming PC and Wii U, but they are very different pieces of hardware... they are also not the same price...

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

1. Gran Turismo 6
2. Being able to save movies / episodes I buy or rent from the Playstation Store rather than **having** to stream....Wish, wish, wish I could do the same on the PS4...

Same here! Exactly! I'm still playing the regular weekly challenges on GT6 just as I did with GT5 for several years long after finishing the game and online started declining.

In any event why is there always some poor sport who has to throw in a console vs. PC comment. Many of we PC gods also have consoles. One reason I originally got a PS3 nearly 8 years ago was because some of my friends did not (and still do not) have gaming PCs. When they got the PS4, I followed. But I also enjoy having a console because it is an easily portable gaming system for business trips, parties, and trips to see relatives. Not only are consoles a great way to share gaming via split screen, but I show home movies and photos on them as well.

Mike Andronico

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Consoles will likely never catch up to the horsepower of a high-end PC, but they're intuitive, convenient and relatively cheap. I think ease-of-setup (not having to build a PC, etc) and exclusives will keep them around.

wtfxxxgp

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I play on PC and XBOX One, i don't game all that much but i can tell you it is fun. There's a reason millions up on millions play these games on those platforms.

Yes, it shows just how many people are intellectually challenged! o_O lol I'm just kidding. I guess there's a time and a place for everything, and even though I'm more partial to gaming on a PC, I couldn't say I didn't have fun when I've played games with a buddy on his XBox. The same game on the PC was a much nicer experience for me personally though.

apocalypseap

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009

1. Gran Turismo 6
2. Being able to save movies / episodes I buy or rent from the Playstation Store rather than **having** to stream. Even with 80Mbit fibre, downloaded versions are of a better quality than streaming and there are often occasional glitches during a stream. I can download on the PS3, works great - love it. Wish, wish, wish I could do the same on the PS4...
The only thing you can do to show you want that functionality on your PS4 is by selling it and telling Sony why you sold it. Money talks, but unfortunately, "millions up on millions of people" don't seem to get that.

Emanuel Elmo

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014

Money does talks but unfortunately a few hundred thousand people selling the PS4 and then telling sony why will not change the fact that millions more will by the console as it. Than it doesn't really become money talks, it becomes.. see look people don't care, so lets not put it in. Unfortunately millions up millions of people don't seem to get that.

at the end of the day the amount of people complaining on DLNA is insignificant so SONY can brush them off. Where it will hurt them is the next console update they get, they probably will not get any money from a small portion of the people that are complaining. The rest of those people will not care and will buy the latest toy because it would be the latest and greatest.

And what millions of people don't get is that people like to complain. Why? because it give them something to do and it gives them a reason to stand on their own soap box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS