Maximum supported RAM for Asus X55U

May 7, 2018
I have an Asus X55U notebook (the one with E2-1800 APU). Right now, it's running on 4GB RAM but I would like to get an upgrade. So I would like to know what's the maximum supported memory for this notebook.
Crucial's website says it's 8 GB but there was another forum post (http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1752576/messed-buying-8gb-ram-asus-x55u.html), where the OP said that 8 GB RAM isn't working fine.

Solution
The specifications page for your laptop says you're only able to go upto 4GB. I don't see why anyone would want to go for 8GB in spite of having no information to support it. Crucial tends to pffer hit or miss info on any given day. Their database needs double even triple checking before pulling a purchase.

That being said, download SIW and in the memory tab, scope out how much the maximum memory for your platform is. I'm not expecting you to come back with any magical find/answer since the previous OP with the exact unit as you had no fruition except wasting their money.

Lutfij

Splendid
The specifications page for your laptop says you're only able to go upto 4GB. I don't see why anyone would want to go for 8GB in spite of having no information to support it. Crucial tends to pffer hit or miss info on any given day. Their database needs double even triple checking before pulling a purchase.

That being said, download SIW and in the memory tab, scope out how much the maximum memory for your platform is. I'm not expecting you to come back with any magical find/answer since the previous OP with the exact unit as you had no fruition except wasting their money.

Solution