Maybe This is Why You Put Your Phone in a Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Haha, Wish my phone could survive that.I'd throw it at things just to demonstrate how tough it is.[/citation]
my thoughts exactly

G

>His pocket opened and his iPhone 4 leapt out with a parachute.

>with a parachute.

That explains it

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]jplarson[/nom]Author's should never laugh at their own jokes...[/citation]
Everyone should laugh at their own jokes, why would they say something to make others laugh if they themselves didn't consider it funny? lol

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I suspect the statement that it had a parachute is just one more proofreading fail. I'm not surprised anymore, just read over them.

However I would be surprised if it wasn't intended to say "leapt without a parachute".

To go back several decades, I was a fan of the Hewlett Packard calculators in the 1970's-80's. There was actually a magazine for owners of the 41-C(V).

A surveyor dropped his from a helicopter. When it was found, the front panel and keyboard were destroyed. Out of curiosity, he started shorting out the key contacts (with a paperclip?). The calculator still worked.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]AMD_pitbull[/nom]This story is gonna be told by Jobs at every single event he goes to now..[/citation]
Hopefully people will see that it only survived because the owner modified the original sucky design.

G

I wonder what kind of discipline the Paratrooper got. I'm in the CG and I know if my phone fell out of the helo at 1000 feet over my town, I'd probably be facing charges.

G

Looking for a personal phone...another great way to spend my tax dollars.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i'm not sure where this took place but in the winter it's pretty hard to break a phone in 6"+ of snow and in the spring the ground is mushy mud after the snow is gone. it's extremely difficult to break anything by throwing it at mud 4"+deep
So amazing, then is the story of U.S. Air Force Combat Controller Ron Walker, who lost his iPhone 4 1,000 feet up in the air. Walker works as a Jump Master and one day he had his iPhone 4 in his pocket when he peered outside of an airplane traveling at 150 mph to look for landmarks. His pocket opened and his iPhone 4 leapt out without a parachute.

He thought his phone was a goner, as anything else would be from that high up. When he got back on the ground, he told his story to his co-workers. Eventually he tried to locate his phone from the Find My iPhone app on someone else's iPhone – and amazingly, his iPhone 4 was alive and broadcasting a signal!
thank you marcus, i know a certain attache' that will love to tell his 2 star how troops can be tracked at any time with an app.[citation]
[nom]CGTweet[/nom]I wonder what kind of discipline the Paratrooper got. I'm in the CG and I know if my phone fell out of the helo at 1000 feet over my town, I'd probably be facing charges.[/citation]
i was thinking the same thing, everything is supposed to be secured or tethered ha-ha
ya i know i'm an @hole, all phones have gps's now. these things are made in china i'm pretty sure they've figured out a way to not need an app for that, which is a big security risk. it's a very important reason why they don't want troops having phones with them. in combat i could be leathal, the chinese have been making gps bombs and they don't care who they sell them to as long as they don't like america.
will his jobsness be patenting 'iSuicide' now?

Status
Not open for further replies.