McAfee Covers All Your Devices with "All Access"

Status
Not open for further replies.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
This could be useful for the average Joe out there. I would like to commend McAfee for being the first (that I've heard of) company starting to focus on the fact that there is going to be an epidemic of viruses for smartphones in the coming years with their widespread adoption. For anybody going to Tom's though, I think that we're all smart enough to avoid 99% of viruses out there. And of course it's McAfee so it's obscenely priced.

digitalgriffin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
I stopped using McAfee when they turned off network discovery with no way to defeath it. That means any non-pc devices on the network (networked home receivers, streaming devices etc) could not be seen by my pc and vice versa.

It is a complete and total piece of *(#!@

G

Ah... Yes...

Good old McAfee. Aside from crapping up your entire PC experience, they'd somehow make you feel like it was all worthwhile by notifying you that they'd blocked an obvious false positive, "just in case". Of course, they'd still be completely impotent at stopping you from getting a real virus via Javascript or Flash just by clicking on a link you shouldn't have.

Now they're releasing statistics to show how bad virii have gotten on Android. Of course, there aren't real virii on Android, unless you're retarded enough to read that the fart soundboard you want on the Android Market needs full internet access, access to your contacts, the ability to make calls, etc... and yet you still choose to download it. That's not a virus, that's user stupidity, and an honest person trying to teach that stupid user a valuable lesson.

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
McAfee is still the most popular corporate AV. And actually does a decent job of it too, as for personal AV... Kaspersky is your only man.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]This could be useful for the average Joe out there. I would like to commend McAfee for being the first (that I've heard of) company starting to focus on the fact that there is going to be an epidemic of viruses for smartphones in the coming years with their widespread adoption.[/citation]

No, not the first. Norton released a similar thing a few weeks ago, read it on Tom's. Called Norton One.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Does this mean I can get the same virus on all my devices now, instead of just my PC? I stopped using McAfee in 1997, when it failed to detect a virus that I was actually able to remove by hand, so yeah, thanks McAfee, but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.