Medion laptop split screen issue

Ed_82

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
My wife's Medion MD96420 laptop has a horizontally duplicated dispay problem (split screen appearance). The problem started as intermittent and has become persistent. I'm thinking NVIDIA graphics or display problem. Am I thinking right? Any ideas welcome.

mzmo

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

I have exactly the same problem here - same model, same symptoms. On a normal restart windows doesn't get through loading, and once I've seen a blue screen of death referring to a display driver unable to restart.

I can use the computer in safe mode (windows loads) and I've tried uninstalling the display driver, but I still have the same problems once it reinstalls.

Once I've backed up I'm going to reinstall the latest driver available on the Medion site (dated 2009) and see what happens!

Lisoni

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I also have the same problem with 17" Laptop I bought some 3 years ago in Aldi. I rang Medion Australia to see does it make sense to repair it or put it in a garbage bin.
I asked for honest answer . The guy was bit uneasy but told me ... having in mind that it is 3 years old it might be a more cost effective solution to get a new laptop. Fair enough. I am not angry (it was my wife's laptop anyway ha ha ) but this time I will buy a more reliable brand ... although .. none of those guys are actually making computers .. they are only buying parts from other companies ( Intel , Maxtor or Seagate , Nvidia.... ) , putt them together .. and put company's name on it..