Medusa NX 5.1 audio crackling/poping

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
I think this is the right place to ask so ill do it. I recently bought medusa NX 5.1 , i plugged it in properly ,installed the latest drivers and set it up and every once in a while i get an interval of crackling sound (sound about like a radio with a weak signal) and occasionally the audio just pops at random. I don't belive that my audio is set high by any standards since i got sensitive hearing and i didn't have this problem with my previous 2 pairs of Medusa NX. If any1 would help it would be appriciated.
Ive also noticed that when scrolling in web browser with the mouse wheel they "vibrate" for some reason

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

i don't have a separate sound card
from what i am aware the medusa nx 5.1 uses its own thing instead of the motherboards Realtek "sounds" which i used so far

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

oops sorry for the wrong post though :D
For your problem, check out this thread's best answer:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2036994/audio-driver-updated-headphones.html

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

no dude its got nothing to do with my issue since 5.1 requires USB which to my knowledge is so far unsupported by realtek and i did say that the headphones go trough their own thing instead of realtek
before you ask yes i did plug it into the rear USB
by alternate headphones and speakers that go trough Realtek work fine btw except for the fact that they are half broken and its the reason that i got new ones

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
searched the net for your problem, seems like even other people with same headset are noticing such problems. Either way, i would recommend you install Stable version of drivers for your headset.These are for Windows XP, Vista and 7.
http://www.speedlink.com/support/bin/SL-8795_driver_XP_vista_win7-270710.rar
Another thing you can try is, uninstall Realtek Audio Drivers from your pc and check for your problem after rebooting.
You may also want to un-plug all other USB devices like pen drives or any other storage device connected to your pc except your keyboard, mouse.

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

I already said i installed the drivers.
I don't have any other USB devices plugged in except for my keyboard and wireless mouse
Ill try the realtek drivers thing tough as i said the headphones that i am using are not running off it.

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Sorry for inconvenience, i know you said that but couldn't figure out if they were the beta or stable version. Again as you say that you don't use for headphones, i did understand that. Just wanted to make sure if they weren't causing any sound interference. Anyway, let me know the results. :)

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

did you check out the results?

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

yeah i still get it after uninstall of realtek drivers and restart of PC

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

yeah well the problem is that i don't have ready access to others and that the problem pops up randomly sometimes it clear for hours and then suddenly happens for w/e reason and other times its every few minutes

ok now it just won't stop anymore

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
if you are using Windows 7, go to System Tray in right lower most area of your desktop and click on volume.
You will see volume box pops up and click on mixer. Now mute all other sounds(browser, system or any other) except your device's, and your headphone's. Tell the results then.

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

just did it and it still occurs

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
then it looks like faults in headphones itself. You have to get it tested on other pc for perfect results. If you didn't have problem with last 2 headphones, then it is very likely that the problem exists in them. i would suggest changing them.

croPath

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

yeah but the other 2 also used the onboard realtek drivers and were not usb

brarboy

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

then have to try on any other pc, no matter what it takes or either you are good to get it exchanged.