Memory window vista home basic

frozenlead

Distinguished
What you're saying is making absolutely no sense...

First, no memory I know of has a speed of 160Hz, nor has the naming system that involves a 773.

I see you (possibly) added 1GB of memory to your notebook.

Then you list a value of 43.2GB out of 730GB, which I'm going to assume is a hard disk, considering memory really doesn't come in that high values.

In that case, you should know that memory and hard disk space are not the same thing. You've added 1GB of memory to your RAM - that doesn't give you any additional hard disk space.

Mia45

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Ok you answered my question I was screwed:( I went in for more memory on my hard disk. So how do I fix the problem? I am not computer savvy, their is no space left. I took just about every thing off when you look at the hard drive! you have two colors showing how much space is left mine is now one color CONFUSED..

Mia45

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
OK one more question please! I told you I restored my computer to factory settings with the disk You get when you bye a computer. I went into my files and seen files from 2006 I don't know how to get rid of them.

When I went to buy more memory but got 1GB of ram instead Can I just have them take the old hard drive out and a new one put in? I wish their was a place I could upload pictures to show you what I'm talking about. How about I make up an email send you the info to get in and see what I see?

frozenlead

Distinguished
Files from 2006 is pretty normal - windows wasn't written all in one year.

If you want to swap the drives - just do so! I think you're making this much more difficult than it seems. What is your overall goal?

Mia45

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
And I was saying I have files from 2006 you said they were my files I could get rid of any ones I wanted !My point is WHAT if I get rid of something the computer needs I don't know what half of them are like ntuser.dat file? I will figure it out thanks.

frozenlead

Distinguished
I said some of your files were actually yours. If you have a 730GB disk and you've only ~40GB left, you've got to have something stored to take up all that space - windows only takes around 6GB. If you're looking to delete files that you don't know what they are, you're looking in the wrong place. You should be looking through files you know what they are, as you created them. Don't just go on deleting sprees.

Anyway, if you try to delete a critical system file, windows will stop you.

Anywhoo, you've got a ton of files - music, pictures, video, documents, something - that are taking up your space. Either move those to a different disk or delete the ones you don't need. You really shouldn't be expecting windows to lose weight for you.

Mia45

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
jeeezee you were so right! I took my computer to a friend of a friends and it was no big deal, My daughter downloaded photo shops (3) instead of uninstalling them she deleted them. My computer is running better and faster then I had ever expected. No more freezing, not responding ect. ect. I have to stop freaking You could say when someone got on my computer I acted like it was the same as driving a brand new BMW with out insurance.. Thanks for all you're help:))