Menu/Picture Preview NA

Mar 15, 2018
I have a Canon Rebel XSI. It is from 2008. Original everything except lense. I cannot get the menu option to display in any mode, pushing the button does nothing. I cannot get any pictures I recently took to come up in the display, and again, pushing the button does nothing. I have recently cleaned the camera in an attempt to get the sensors to work. Automatic focus on the lense is not working either...

I am currently at the beach, and typically use the picture preview to adjust my settings to know how I am doing as I am shooting, and of course rely on automatic focus as I don't trust my wacky eyes to be making manual adjustments.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

UPDATE: The Motherboard is dying, which after 10 years with this camera is devastating. If anyone is aware of where to find one for a Canon EOS XSI Rebel, I would love to know

Solution
Your best, but most expensive option, would be to send it back to Canon for repair.
Alternately, ebay will have the board, but good luck replacing it yourself, cameras are not meant to be user serviced.
Mar 19, 2018
Your best, but most expensive option, would be to send it back to Canon for repair.
Alternately, ebay will have the board, but good luck replacing it yourself, cameras are not meant to be user serviced.

Solution