Mesh Routers and Sonos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2019
I just installed an Orbi. Netgear Pro SRR60 with SSR60 satellites. It will not connect to my Sonos. Apparently Sonos only connects to 2.4 routers. I spoke with tech help at Netgear and they were not able to solve the problem. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Are all Mesh systems like this?

imconfsdru

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
I would highly recommend scrapi g the garvage netgear and orbi system and try to find a local av installer in your area and inauire about getting a Luxul arouter and a Wap or two to go with it they are not cheap but you will not experience any network issues going that route way better equipment they are mesh network systems biggest difference is They Work unlike netgear equipment much of the time.
Look for a Luxul Epic 3150 router
And a Luxul AC1700 Wap
With just one of the AC1700 Waps and the 3150.Router you should be able to c9mfortably cover a close to 3000+ square ft home with full wifi signal throughout if your home is larger then that get a second AC1700 and you should be good to cover close to a 6000sq. Ft house without any issues.

LUXUL ISNT A Brand you can just buy wherever youll need to find a local dealer that sells them but you should be able to find a.local dealer easy enough and that would definitely alleviate the Network issues.

imconfsdru

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
You may need to add the Sonos devicesto the netgear as static ips on the network and or add them as mac address allowex inside the routwr alsotry contacting Sonos Support they are well trained and 9 outof 10 times will be able to provide better support thenyou will get through netgear support anyways real talk.

Feb 8, 2019
I am a Sonos dealer and install them quite often. I do not and have not spec'd an Orbi system on any of my projects. However, I have installed Sonos on Apple networks, Netgear, Linksys, Asus, Ubiquiti, Ruckus, Cisco, Aruba/HP Enterprise, Luxul, Google Wifi, and Eero. Not a fan of the Google hardware. I have to say that I am currently most pleased with Eero. Eero would most closely match the capabilities of the Orbi system, They each run $199, but you can buy a 3 pack from Best Buy for $500 (if they still package them that way). For AV Integrators, they package them in singles. Like one of the other post stated, contact Sonos tech support 1-800-680-2345. They are very helpful (probably the best tech support I have experienced in my industry).

Status
Not open for further replies.