Messed up screen

slimr53

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
I have been using my QX Samsung laptop (model: NP-QX411-W01US) without problems till now. I opened my laptop one morning, after using it fine the night before without problems, and the screen was no longer working correctly. The entire screen is still illuminating but the image is messed up. It is evenly divided vertically into three sections. The left most section is working fine, the center section is all white, and the right most section has narrow colored bars going down. When I connect my laptop to a TV using an HDM cable, the image on the TV works fine and the computer functions fine. What is wrong with it? Do I have to replace the whole screen or is it a more minor issue?

Solution
I would say that since the cable to the TV works fine, the problem is either the Ribbon from the motherboard to the LCD, or the LCD itself

first thing i would try, if you're comfortable opening up the back of the screen (usually just a plastic bezel covering the front where the screws are holding the LCD to the actual LID of the laptop), is to unplug the ribbon to the LCD (in the back of it) and then plug it back in snugly

if you have the SAME issue when you plug it back in, then the problem is almost assuredly the LCD is bad, but portions of it working fine USUALLY indicate the cable needs re-seated

xeonight

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
I would say that since the cable to the TV works fine, the problem is either the Ribbon from the motherboard to the LCD, or the LCD itself

first thing i would try, if you're comfortable opening up the back of the screen (usually just a plastic bezel covering the front where the screws are holding the LCD to the actual LID of the laptop), is to unplug the ribbon to the LCD (in the back of it) and then plug it back in snugly

if you have the SAME issue when you plug it back in, then the problem is almost assuredly the LCD is bad, but portions of it working fine USUALLY indicate the cable needs re-seated

Solution

TRENDING THREADS