hello all this is my first post here want ur help guys
i have bought cheap collar mic for my laptop
my laptop has two ports one for mic n other for headset
problem is when i plug my mic in mic port it doesnt work but when i plug it in headset port it works just fine
it creates a problem that i cant listen to what i recorded unless i unplug my mic
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".
Now if this doesn't help, there could either be a problem with the mic itself, or with the port on the computer. You may wish to try using a 3.5mm (or dual 3.5mm) to USB adapter and see if that resolves your issue.