Mic problems with windows 10 using beats

FayTaL_EU

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
I recently built my pc and I have a problem where I have a mic in and headphone slot on my front panel connectors. when I plug into the mic slot the mic shows up in the control panel but no sound is coming through the mic. I know I need to get a splitter to use mic and headphone but is there any explanation for my mic not working? thanks

Solution
You've posted this thread in the Windows 7 section while you've listed the OS to be Windows 10 in your thread title. So which is it? Second, mind sharing the make and model of your prebuilt/desktop? If it's a system built brand new, then please include it's full system's specs. You also need to specify the make and model of your headset.

FYI, you can only get sound to pass from a mic to the desktop, you can't get sound out of a mic.

I know I need to get a splitter to use mic and headphone but is there any explanation for my mic not working?
Well, for one, you need the splitter due to variances in the bands on a 3.5mm jack.
main-qimg-62fa3146e6c85a95e53488a48388e99f

or that you need to perform a...

Lutfij

Splendid
You've posted this thread in the Windows 7 section while you've listed the OS to be Windows 10 in your thread title. So which is it? Second, mind sharing the make and model of your prebuilt/desktop? If it's a system built brand new, then please include it's full system's specs. You also need to specify the make and model of your headset.

FYI, you can only get sound to pass from a mic to the desktop, you can't get sound out of a mic.

I know I need to get a splitter to use mic and headphone but is there any explanation for my mic not working?
Well, for one, you need the splitter due to variances in the bands on a 3.5mm jack.
main-qimg-62fa3146e6c85a95e53488a48388e99f

or that you need to perform a BIOS update and make sure your audio drivers are up to date.

Solution

FayTaL_EU

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
I am on windows 10 64 and I'm using a msi z170a gaming m3, palit gtx 1060 dual, intel i3 6100, wd black 1tb, evga 500w, corsair vengeance 8gb ddr4 and bitfenix neos and I have tried apple earphones and beats

FayTaL_EU

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from FayTaL_EU : "mic not working through realtek audio"

recently built my computer and I have been having problems with getting any mic to work. when I plug my headset into the mic slot it shows up but no sound coming through the mic at all. Tried on discord and nobody can hear me, have tried all front and back panel connectors and nothing. I have tried apple earphones and beats headphones and no change. I can use them both to listen through the headphone jack but not mic. any help will be appreciated as I am very new and may be making a easy mistake. Thank you

Lutfij

Splendid
Both the headphones you're looking at/tested all rely on a band layout different from that used on the desktop. Unless your port on the desktop interface is a combo mic/audio out port, you're not going to make the Apple headset work no matter what work around you perform. A splitter is needed in this case.

I hope you didn't select my post as the Best Answer prematurely...? :)