Mic quality drops to friends in skype when i play a video or play a game. Help please

Stefanoodle

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
As the title says whenever i watch a video or play a game my friends say the mic quality decreases and it gets quieter. I have steelseries siberia v2 headset and my mobo is Asus B85M-G Micro ATX LGA1150 im using win7 64bit.
Thanks for any responses in advance
Stefan

Solution
I would think that it has something more to do with your internet connection rather than your computer hardware. When Skype has less bandwidth available to it, it compresses your voice more, causing a drop in quality. Sometimes when this happens, it can cause a "hissing" sound. When this happens, Skype will turn your mic volume down (if you have auto-adjust turned on in Skype settings) because it is loud and consistent enough to trigger the auto-adjust.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
I would think that it has something more to do with your internet connection rather than your computer hardware. When Skype has less bandwidth available to it, it compresses your voice more, causing a drop in quality. Sometimes when this happens, it can cause a "hissing" sound. When this happens, Skype will turn your mic volume down (if you have auto-adjust turned on in Skype settings) because it is loud and consistent enough to trigger the auto-adjust.

Solution