Question Mic too quiet with 3.5mm combo jack

Apr 21, 2020
I bought a new Razer laptop that has a 3.5mm combo jack. My friends say that I either sound too quiet, it sounds like I'm in a tunnel, or my mic has a hard time picking up my voice. I'm using a sennheiser game one headset and I bought the correct Y splitter for it. I've uninstalled drivers and updated everything but the problem still continues.

Apr 21, 2020
I have recently gotten a new laptop and since then my friends have been saying how I sound too quiet, my mic is cutting out, or it sounds like I'm in tunnel. Sometimes I don't even see it picking up my voice when I'm on call with friends. My mic was working fine with my old laptop since it had two jacks for headphone and mic but this new laptop only has one jack so I bought a Y splitter. I know I've bought the correct splitter but I've still been having trouble with my mic. I'm using a sennheiser game one headset. I've uninstalled drivers, checked for updates, reset voice settings, and went into sound control panel and turned up everything to max but nothing has fixed this problem.