MickG - Lollipop for my samsung galaxy 10.1 note gt-n8010.

michael_gordon211

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
I have been onto Blisspot website to download lollipop 5.0 for my samsung galaxy 10.1 note gt-n8010. The list for Bliss has only the n8000 & n8013 models. Can I use one of these for my lollipop update on n8010 model?

Solution
Well, there is no way to know for sure without either asking Samsung directly, or trying it. I would suggest mailing or contacting them in another way to ask if it will work. They are the only ones that will really know.

Also, to do it without checking first could cause you some serious problems with the device, possibly leaving it unusable. Not something you would want to do.

However, all that said, what I have found says that your device would only be upgradable from "Ice Cream Sandwich" to "KitKat", but not "Lollipop". The device probably isn't capable of handling any OS larger and newer. But, like I said above, you really should check with Samsung.

If you are wanting to do it, for the sake of apps, you might try and see if...
Well, there is no way to know for sure without either asking Samsung directly, or trying it. I would suggest mailing or contacting them in another way to ask if it will work. They are the only ones that will really know.

Also, to do it without checking first could cause you some serious problems with the device, possibly leaving it unusable. Not something you would want to do.

However, all that said, what I have found says that your device would only be upgradable from "Ice Cream Sandwich" to "KitKat", but not "Lollipop". The device probably isn't capable of handling any OS larger and newer. But, like I said above, you really should check with Samsung.

If you are wanting to do it, for the sake of apps, you might try and see if there are other apps that work with your older system. Your other option is to consider rooting the device. You can find out about that in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html.

Solution

michael_gordon211

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
Hi webworkings, I have rooted my tablet & just need to know where to download the Lollipop update. According to the forum, others have updated to this version on tablets similar to mine the only difference being they have version gt-n8000 & gt-n8013. I cannot find update for the gt-n8010.

michael_gordon211

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016

Thanks for your help - I will try that.