microphone and headphone speakers do not work at the same time

Unclemcpeanut

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
i have recently run into the problem with my microphone and my headset not working at the same time, i do not know how it happened as i started my computer today and this started happening.

things i have:
rocat kave xtd headset and mic
windows 8.1
logitech g510 & g13

things i know about the problem:
the mic and speakers do work, only not together, when i change a microphone setting i am able to use my microphone but there is no sound, when i change a setting for my speakers i can hear sound but i cannot use my microphone.

also when the speakers are not working i cannot play music in windows media player, like the tracking bar does not move and the time of the song does not change, however when the speakers are working the music plays fine and i'm able to hear everything.

as well when i try a voice chat program such as teamspeak 3 when the microphone is disabled i can't even use my push to talk key like the light when i use the key doesn't even come on, so the problem is having roll on effect on other programs.

one really weird thing is that when I'm in my sound options if i click the tab sounds and then click back to say playback i can hear sounds and play my music but when i click sound again and click recording i can use my microphone, but i cannot use both at the same time and i don't know why, this only happens when there is no output sound. pls help

Unclemcpeanut

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
ok now I'm really confused, i got bored and went to play some way thunder when the sound was working and i was sitting in my gaming clans ts because i could still hear people and when i started the game and alt-tabbed out of it to do something i could speak and hear people at the same time, but when i exited the game it went back to being one or the other.