Microphone isn't picking up voice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSmithy

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Hello, so I brought my new gaming computer two months ago. It's been lovely apart from my microphone. I've been recording gameplays but my microphone doens't pick up my voice unless I go into sound > Recording > Properties and boost my microphone up to a 20 boost. But it creates a-lot of static on my videos but at-least people can hear me on TeamSpeak/Recording. It worked perfect on my old PC, but it's only on this. Any suggestions?

edit: It's a Logitech G130 headset.

uplink-svk

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Good, ASRock comes with 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), which at occasion support stuff like volume stabilizer, noise gate, noise reduction and other features. I'm listing the ones I have on my RealTek of my RoG motherboard, You'll have different. In task bar, You should have running "speaker" icon, of realtec soundcard, if not, install it from the website.

In sound settings > recording > double click on microphone > enhancments > there might be something, but also not. I'd rely on the panel that came with the soundcard to Your motherboard, with it's latest driver.

uplink-svk

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Greetings,

One very important thing. I reckon You're using onboard sound, right? What motherboard do You have, model/type?

Some onboard sound chips use noise reduction, and some other effects to post process microphone sound, some doesn't. In general solution for You is either enabling these features, if You have them, or purchasing a normal sound card, like Creative X-Fi, or Z, Zx, or ZxR, or some Asus Xonar, which support these features out of the box.

iSmithy

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. I am using the H97M motherboard from Asrock. And indeed I am using on-board sound.

uplink-svk

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Good, ASRock comes with 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), which at occasion support stuff like volume stabilizer, noise gate, noise reduction and other features. I'm listing the ones I have on my RealTek of my RoG motherboard, You'll have different. In task bar, You should have running "speaker" icon, of realtec soundcard, if not, install it from the website.

In sound settings > recording > double click on microphone > enhancments > there might be something, but also not. I'd rely on the panel that came with the soundcard to Your motherboard, with it's latest driver.

iSmithy

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

I've checked in there and it's all there.

should I enable them or or disable them?

uplink-svk

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
This is kind of a "trial and error". I'd enable all of them for the beginning, and than I selectively turn them off and stay with the best result.

Btw. what about Your original software? Doesn't it support a few more features for microphone? It's the one that should be running at Your task bar.

Anyway, try these first. They all should do good, but sometimes they "screw up" everything, and nothing can be understood, and sometimes they work like charm. Btw. You need to use maximum microphone levels, at least 90-100, and at least +20 db boost. It's always like that, only the high-end soundcards and high-end microphones don't need these boosts, and some lucky cases.

I run like this, and it works like charm.

You should have similiar software for Your onboard soundcard. The look will differ, but it will offer similiar functionality, with different names and different interface.

iSmithy

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

Indeed I do -

People can actually hear me with these settings, it's just the static whilst recording. If you wanna look at my channel and you'll be able to understand. https://www.youtube.com/user/ytbrooks/videos - you can hear static + it picks up my keyboard way to loud.

iSmithy

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
I've restarted my PC and the static is gone! but now my friends are saying my microphone sounds like a web cam mic. And are creating jokes.

CoolCurt912

Estimable
Sep 25, 2014

hey. i need help too, you mind? i have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DreadPirateRocco Audio 0
DawSHaa Audio 0
B Audio 3
Behemothxp Audio 3
K Audio 1
S Audio 5
C Audio 5
P Audio 2
H Audio 1