Microsoft Announces Price Hikes for Xbox Live

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch33ky

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
come again? Pay for
online console gaming service? I
really don't care or
ever have to do that b/c I trust

in PC gaming on the beautiful Windows
7 OS platform!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i know i will get banned for this but its the truthi love people like this. yes small price increase who cares it's not like a 20 or 30 dollar increase. fact of the matter is MS price increase is just them seeing how much they can screw you. they start little by little like this until they start screwing you at a pace that you start to noticethen at that time when the article comes out down the road for another increase or another few 10.00 or whatever increases i will be back to say i told you so when people like this start complaining[/citation]
Everything will eventually cost more than it costs now. It's called inflation. Ask your granfather how much he paid for a burger back in 1932 (then go take a walk while he rants on his life story). It all depends on the pace and the amount of the increase.

Then the Sony fanboïs will tell ou how their service is better and free. Let me tell you how it's gonna turn out. Sony will sooner or later start charging for their network. There's no avoiding it. That's when the true competition will start. And it won't be about the price, it will be about the offering.

Microsoft : With a Gold subscription, you'll get this content for 50$
Sony : Oh yeah? Well with PSN Pro, you'll get much more content for 55$
Microsoft : That's okay, because with a Platnium subscription, you'll get much more content and a headset for 65$.
Sony : That may be so, but for only 75$, our customers will get the super-duper mega package...

... and so on. So you're bound to pay at some point. It will be a matter of who you want to give your money to.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Love listening to folks saying they cant afford $60 or that $10 extra is too much when chances are they blow $10 a day on coffee or $50 a month on a smartphone they hardly use without thinking.

Life is so hard for the little lambs.

vsighi

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
PS3...The controller suck @ PS3 but is FREE.
Window 7 and mobil 7 SUX BIG TIME...LONG LIVE THE OS X.

stuckless

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Yeah im rotted too. I really dont think they offer enough.

I wasn't upset with the idea of paying 62.40 a year for live, I didnt think that it was too much, but I also didnt think that it needed a price adjustment.

I really think they should be offering more, but when I think of the demos, DLC, movies and music that they offer, but have to pay for, I guess there is a bit of upkeep involved with it.

G

I don't think its really about the money. But when you factor in Hulu, Netflix and the games which all cost extra. It adds up. I think its wrong to have to buy a Gold membership for Netflix?? I am already paying for Netflix? The Wii does not charge for Netflix?? Sorry but unless your a hard core online gamer this is a rip off for the rest of us.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Why the price increase? You already pay for netflix, DLC, movies and music that they offer on top of the xbox live gold membership to even see this stuff...

What would warrant them increasing the price? Is it necessary or do they just know people will pay it?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Hahahahahahaha... and I thought people were chumps for paying the $50. I'm sure people will pay the $60, because they're idiots. Xbox Live is not worth $50. It's not even worth $5. It's worthless middleware that makes it easier to connect to other players and tracks stats. That's it. Not like they're running multiplayer servers for games, and it's not like they continue supporting their old catalog of games. Just ask the people with Halo 2 coasters. I don't care if people want to waste $5 a month on a chat service/marketplace. I just hate the precedent it sets for other companies who want to nickel and dime gamers, and chumps actually fall for it, while savvy players pay the consequences as well.[/citation]

granted the prices are rediculous , but i ahve to say you ahve absolutely no idea about how xbl works.

it's for than just stat tracking , it's a closed network SO YES MS RUNS ALL THE SERVERS. that is why it is absurd that ea startd charging for thier game's MP when the game was bought used.

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]screechy[/nom]Sigh I was hoping it was going to be a hike down. I guess their cash cow isn't putting out as much as they would like it to.[/citation]

Of course not, M$ ALWAYS WANTS MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS