Microsoft Developing New Music/Video Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]The market for music/video service is saturated, to say the least.[/citation]
Yes there's iTunes... and... well for most people that's pretty much it. Anyway, the Zune Pass continues to be a good deal since you get a 10 song stipend with it.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
The title sounded like this article was going to be new news, then quickly became a history lesson and a lengthy advertisement for Zune. There's nothing I hate more than how long it takes for me to access game videos I downloaded to my xbox. They're stored locally yet Zune must be installed, must connect to xbox live, load up Zune blah blah, oh now I can watch the locally stored content. Granted, it does load up faster if there's no internet connection but since i needed it to download the video(s) in the first place, well... i'm rambling/ranting (sorry author i started new meds today lol)

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]The title sounded like this article was going to be new news, then quickly became a history lesson and a lengthy advertisement for Zune. There's nothing I hate more than how long it takes for me to access game videos I downloaded to my xbox. They're stored locally yet Zune must be installed, must connect to xbox live, load up Zune blah blah, oh now I can watch the locally stored content. Granted, it does load up faster if there's no internet connection but since i needed it to download the video(s) in the first place, well... i'm rambling/ranting (sorry author i started new meds today lol)[/citation]
Agreed.
My media is always tested to be platform and internet independent. The only dependencies if I can call those dependencies: VLC, KMPlayer and K-Lite codec pack
Also I often test my independence of programs from online services by performing a complete offline install and test runs, maybe on a virtual machine. That would give me the freedom as a user. As a user, I have the option to vote with my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.