Microsoft Gives MW2 DLC Users 7 Days of Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I like the way Microsoft has been handling things lately. They are more customer friendly.

I think the map pack is a total ripoff though. I stopped playing MW2 a while back on PC when I realized that I had much more fun playing Counter-Strike on a clan server and Dawn of War II's last stand mode.

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I saw MW2 and immediately thought of Mechwarrior 2. And then thought "why would they have DLC for it?" I see now they mean something else.
*sigh*
Alas, I eagerly await more news on the MW redux by Smith and Tinker.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
@sirmorluk ME TOO!!! I thought, REALLY they are re-releasing MW2 (Mech Warrior 2)? I have my MW2 and NetMech CD's still... but it's the DOS version and my computer does not have DOS drivers for LAN or Sound... otherwise, I'd still play it :(

I paid $60 for Mech Warrior 2, $70 for Ghost Bear's Legacy expansion and $30 for NetMech back in the day. I'd gladly pay all over again for a Windows 7 refresh, and honestly I don't even care if the graphics are the same. I also have the 3Dfx Voodoo2 edition (bundled with the PCI 3D Voodoo2 accelerator)... but it's obviously not supported by anything anymore. :(

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
@Igot1forya: 3Dfx Glide apps can work with OpenGL using a "Glide wrapper". There is one specifically for Diablo II and I have seen more generic ones.

filmman03

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
yup 800 MSP's for 3 Halo 3 Maps. This applies to both the Mythic Map Pack 1 & 2.

so essentially its about 266 MSP's for 1 of these Halo Maps. for 2 maps its 532 MSP's. so if we were to add the 2 more maps (532 MSP's) to the already 3 maps (800 MSP's) for the map pack you are now at 1332 MSP's. That is 132 more MSP's than the MW2 map pack.

And we all know that 2 of the MW2 maps were from MW1. so that raises the question, if IW allowed for downloads of just the 3 new maps and made it optional to download the 2 old maps, would that change some of your minds? considering the lower price tag on the 3 new maps.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
The real MW (Mechwarrior) is far too complicated for todays gamers. I don't expect a new MW game to ever be released in the same vain as the originals. Shame too, one of the best series ever to grace this earth.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
A lot of these comments seem to be straying away from the story, so I'll attempt to get it back on track.

I purchased the DLC day one because I never played the original Modern Warfare online, so all of the maps are new to me. For the quality of the design, and the fact that Microsoft did something that Blizzard often does (gives days back to paying customers' accounts who can't access their servers), I think the release was still a success and many people are happily enjoying the new content.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]The Crapbox lol. Is this thing still being sold? Outdated years ago want it? I'm glad I'm on PC where maps and DLC are always free, because we certainly pay for it in hardware![/citation]
I have a feeling that since the game is on steam, we'll still have to pay for the dlc. Something I won't be doing. Hell, the only reason I have the game in teh first place is because someone gifted it to me.

filmman03

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
[citation][nom]JD13[/nom]The connection speed & lag have been pretty bad as of late & now I know why.....[/citation]

the pc version of DLC is usually always free...

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
man, I love mw2, and will continue to play it.

However, until I come into some extra money, I will not be buying 3 new maps and 2 reworked maps.

My only question is, will the next 'stimulus package' be 15 also?

That takes the total price of the game from the 50ish I paid on amazon to 80 - which is rif'indiculous

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
I don't know about you guys but the new video game model to buy stuff to get access to new content is a total rip off...

I won't ever buy anything like those because it fells like "assuming the position" to get raped.....

MS you suck!!!! Xbox /X360 = rape, i guess playstation 3 has some games like that too....

Only reason Xbox so popular is because of parents pays for the kids.... too bad there's no conscience on that so much misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.