Microsoft, HP NOT Backing Google's Threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
well that’s the story isn't it, why would M$ care about human rights issues? as long as there is money, they are the best contry in the world!!! thats why people like google and hate Microsoft.

of course you don't have to be liked to be successful, and being liked doesn't guarantee success either, honestly the fuss Google is making over this surprised me.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
When people already think you evil, why disappoint.

Actually there's quite a few reasons not to do business with China. This just happens to be a drop in the bucket and apparently this wasn't the straw that broke the camels back

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
That's why I miss Bill Gates.
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]Too bad our wonderful amazing fabulous government cant stand up and say something supportive of google.[/citation]
It's all about money.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Ballmer is correct. This is Google's problem. In theory, they're pulling out now due to surveillance and hacking from the Chinese. That's basically admitting that their encryption and security methods aren't cutting it, and they're not going to make them better.

Remember, Google already agreed to filter google.cn, so this really has nothing to do with the idea of filtering search results. They've been doing that for ages. This has to do with being hacked. Perhaps Microsoft was hacked and isn't announcing it, but I bet they're working on upgrading their security if they were. Google, apparently, is not.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Ballmer is correct. This is Google's problem. In theory, they're pulling out now due to surveillance and hacking from the Chinese. That's basically admitting that their encryption and security methods aren't cutting it, and they're not going to make them better. Remember, Google already agreed to filter google.cn, so this really has nothing to do with the idea of filtering search results. They've been doing that for ages. This has to do with being hacked. Perhaps Microsoft was hacked and isn't announcing it, but I bet they're working on upgrading their security if they were. Google, apparently, is not.[/citation]

Totally agree with that.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
If I were Google and I were truly pissed and ready to pack my bags then why not do it in style? Move all your people and money out, remote all your servers, once you are back home safe and secure... hack the ever living hell out of anything to do with the Chinese government. Complete and utter sabotage. No announcement or whining, just turn the tables with both middle fingers straight up in the air.

mugon33

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Of course HP is going to kiss China's backside. 80% of the HP manufacturing jobs that used to be in the United States are now in China! The CEO's of America only care about driving the stock price up to make sure that their millions of bonus shares make them obscenely rich. That is their only motive, not helping America or Americans, as long as the rich can force middle class out of the picture by taking their money, let them. Every poor society that has been ruled by a handful of rich has ended with the poor rising up.
So keep it up you greedy pigs, your day will come. Probably not in my time, but it will come.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]That's why I miss Bill Gates. It's all about money.[/citation]
We all miss Bill Gates.
Next to Albert Einstein, he's my favorite human being.

=D

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]If I were Google and I were truly pissed and ready to pack my bags then why not do it in style? Move all your people and money out, remote all your servers, once you are back home safe and secure... hack the ever living hell out of anything to do with the Chinese government. Complete and utter sabotage. No announcement or whining, just turn the tables with both middle fingers straight up in the air.[/citation]

I think I love you...

G

there it is again, a reference to a dollar figure, and a moronic and overused (on this site) qualifier in front of it, this time "a meager 250 million..."

are you guys using lame text expanding scripts that do this automatically, or are you just that bad at writing?

deputc26

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Microsoft and HP are scared of China, almost all organizations and countries are. Expect the press to stop covering this story as their parent companies are also afraid of discussing the ugly state of human rights in China Inc. China uses $ as a weapon. And everyone's scared.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]well that’s the story isn't it, why would M$ care about human rights issues? as long as there is money, they are the best contry in the world!!! thats why people like google and hate Microsoft.of course you don't have to be liked to be successful, and being liked doesn't guarantee success either, honestly the fuss Google is making over this surprised me.[/citation]

It has absolutely nothing to do with human rights....of course, you'd already know that had you actualy read the article instead of rushing to get the first clueless post. Google got hacked by someone that appears to reside in China. That is what all the bullshit is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.