Microsoft Kinect: Games and Video Chat Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Sounds like awesome, albeit $150 price tag.
Weird name though (Kinect). Hope there is no rise in subscription fee ($30-45 a year is good).

Kinectimals: what, only cats - how about horses and other animals we'd never hoped to be pets (dragons? balrog? lol)

Joyride: I don't know, gets tiring after awhile

Kinect Sports: make sure you don't kick your shoes off and break the TV/kinect

Kinect Adventures: I'd expect more than river-raft... maybe an RPG in a 3D-looking (not real 3D, I hate glasses) dungeons/jungle etc.

Dance Central: Interesting

Wish list:

Oblivion V
Battlefield Bad Company 3 (or similarly FPS/TPS games)
Left 4 Dead 3
Prince of Persia (or Assassin's Creed 3)

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]Wow cool ... Wii without the controllers. And look everyone ... free lag time too![/citation]
I sincerely hope that it's differentiated from the Wii. And I'm pretty sure that some later reports have stated that they solved the lag issue.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I don't think Kinect is a bad name, Project Natal was never that great in my opinion, but Kinectimals makes me laugh.

Will be interesting to see where this heads.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Gamer-girl[/nom]I could imagine people playing that rafting game and knocking their heads together on the couch....[/citation]
oh that reminds me of when my girlfriend first played Wii. She swung back with the controller and broke my nose. I have to wonder how many injuries tthat system has caused.

G

Spoiler... The big news at E3 around is around Natal... I mean Kinect 3d. Thats right 3d play using Kinect. Think about it actually hitting virtual balls that are presnted in 3d space for example.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats

That's the big draw for the furry crowd. :eek:

Now, with voice chat? Can you say an all new experience for chatroulette.com??!! Now race your friends, and see who comes in second. :ouch: :na:

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
So the camera can differentiate the movements of 2 or more people at once... Um... I can imagine a couple of movements involving 2 people that SOMEONE out there is gonna try... The question is how long it will take before Vivid wants to release a "game" on the XBOX. LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.